Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nickvrett

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 25, 2012
half the price of what it sells for in stores. there must be a catch. Oh well, ill have to wait and see.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Be very careful. I didn't see "Made by Apple" anywhere on that auction so if it's a fake, they didn't incorrectly list it. Also check to see if returns are accepted.

I purchased one a while back and if I didn't have Apple's Smart Cover packaging at home already, I wouldn't have known it was a fake. It was copied extremely well. Counterfeiters are getting better and better all the time. This very well could be one the seller bought thinking it was real and decided to sell it once they realized it wasn't.

EDIT* "We only sell authentic products, not fakes". That alone is capable of getting your money back if it is indeed a fake. My only suspicion is that it looks too shiny to be one from Apple.

nickvrett

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 25, 2012
yeah I thought it was a little too shiny too compared to the ones ive seen also. I messaged the seller and he said its 100% made by apple. Are there any signs to look out for once it comes in?

LTMK

macrumors member
Apr 1, 2011
NY, NY
I would say 90% fake. Anyway you are well protected as a buyer. Just return it if its fake or you are not comfortable with it. I dont think they can make money for selling at that price cos Apple wholesale price is higher than that... good luck!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.