Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Please: Only vote if you have the "No Service" after turning off Airplane Mode. Your carrier is?

• Verizon / Sprint

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • AT&T / T-Mobile

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters

DCIFRTHS

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 25, 2008
Do you have the iPhone 7 Bug 'No Service' After Turning Off Airplane Mode? If so, what carrier are you using?

techiegirl

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2007
My husband had a 7 AT&T with no service all day. Apple Genius exchanged the phone.

kontrast

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2014
I have a 7 plus, just got the issue today. Restarted multiple times, updated software, reset network settings....still NO SERVICE.

Took it into the Apple store. They confirmed that it is a hardware issue and they were going to replace my phone....except it would take 5-7 business days for the replacement unit to arrive. Just awesome Apple. Now I'm unable to make phone calls or really do anything except wifi until the replacement unit arrives.

And for the record, this happened randomly. Not after airplane mode.

gonzalo12345

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2012
I have that issue on my JB 7+, went to the apple store and I have to wait up to a week to get a replacement.

Also I updated my phone to iOS 10.1 Beta, no difference. I have AT&T, i get full bars on 4G or "No Service", LTE doesn't show anymore even though my 6S shows full LTE bars, but the phone is not able to receive or make any calls, text or use data nor GPS with bars or no bars. The only way to make it operational is by using WiFi. Initially I thought it was a software/firmware issue but this is looking like faulty hardware now.

Utchelsea06

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014
FLW, MO
I posted about it at length in another thread, but mine has been saying no service completely since Saturday, and service began going out an hour after I took it out of the box. I have an AT&T 7+ and never put in airplane mode. I read an article that said some are attributing it to the sim tray, which makes sense because Apple had me on the phone with them all day Saturday trying various things, and nothing worked.

justinmiller

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2010
My wife's iPhone 7 has been getting ****** service since activation. Calls that go in and out.. Not quite the airplane mode bug (though I haven't tried that on her phone), but wonder if it's related. We're with AT&T, but didn't have these problems with our 6's.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.