Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fishmoose

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 1, 2008
Sweden
Hi!

My USB cable broke at the bottom (se pic) and i haven't done anything special with it, I don't roll it around something else etc.

Can i get it replaced? I know it's not a big deal since you can use an old iPod cable, but I'm still under warranty and I would like to have things under warranty replaced if I can.

So to sum it up, is the cable under warranty or is it just a throw away.

P.S sorry of the pic is bad took it with my iPhone ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0254.JPG
    IMG_0254.JPG
    397.7 KB · Views: 135

M3NACING

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2008
I had the same exact problem with my usb cable. Since it was still under warranty, I called the 800# for Apple and they sent me a replacement. You'll need to send back the defective cable once you receive the new one.

You can also go to an Apple store near you and do the exchange.

fishmoose

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 1, 2008
Sweden
I had the same exact problem with my usb cable. Since it was still under warranty, I called the 800# for Apple and they sent me a replacement. You'll need to send back the defective cable once you receive the new one.

You can also go to an Apple store near you and do the exchange.

Okay cool, we only have Apple premium resellers in Sweden but that should do right?

Almy

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2008
I had the same problem, on both ends. I called apple care and they gave me a service number to get it replaced at an Apple Store. They did it without question. But my replacement started doing the exact same thing :/. About to call them again.

sonny216

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2008
Cleveland
I have gotten about 2 USB cables replaced from the Apple Store without a question. I also need to get the one I have now replaced because the same thing has happened to me again, but every time has been at the side that plugs into the iPhone. I have also had my iPhone headphones replaced because the clicker on the headphones stopped working.

fishmoose

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 1, 2008
Sweden
I will go to my local carrier store today, we don't have Apple stores here in Sweden, but I guess that my carrier will replace it (I bought the phone at that store)

fishmoose

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 1, 2008
Sweden
man that sucks, i went two weeks ago and they didn't replace my cable

I had better luck, I just got it replaced, but they sent it to Apple and they will text me when the new one comes.
But if they find I causet it I will have to pay for the new one as I understood it.

But if you don't want to buy a new one you can use an old iPod cable if you want.

theHunter

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2008
Took my wife's into apple store yesterday in San Antonio, they replaced it with a new one out of box no questions asked

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.