Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coco67

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2013
Hi. The animation is ugly when you close an app with 5 or 4 fingers. It seems to lag at the end with and apps drop like hell !! I hope apple will fix this ugly thing IMO.

What do you feel with this animations? I found iOS 6 better.

InTheMist

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2013
It can't be meant to be that way. It bothers me too. I think they just didn't spend enough time polishing the iPad as the focus was on iPhone.

Very disappointing from a company known for attention to detail.

jonasdamn

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2013
Hi. The animation is ugly when you close an app with 5 or 4 fingers. It seems to lag at the end with and apps drop like hell !! I hope apple will fix this ugly thing IMO.

What do you feel with this animations? I found iOS 6 better.

If it isnt bug or lag i will sell my iPad. They killed gestures with iOS7 so buggy and laggy.

coco67

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2013
You think they will fix all this animations after the arrival of news iPad 5 and iPad mini 2 ? I wanna buy an iPad mini but I'm really disappointed about iOS for iPad. I feel better with iOS but I can't found one without iOS 7 !!

rodrigomarrafao

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2009
It can't be meant to be that way. It bothers me too. I think they just didn't spend enough time polishing the iPad as the focus was on iPhone.

Those times are long gone. Every software OR hardware Apple is currently selling are at a unacceptable quality control form. Every single one.

I've been a happy camper for almost 10 years. Not anymore.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
iOS 7 should be a very good os if people could complain about animations ... :rolleyes:

I really think there's no place like this forum where you can find people complaining almost about everything ...

iOS 7 is far from being perfect, and there are a couple of problems I really hope they'll fix soon (iMessage and battery drain), but speak about colors and animations like First World Problems .... give me a rest ...

g-7

macrumors 6502
Feb 14, 2006
Poland

Steve Jobs is gone, and the attention to details is gone with him. There is no one who would look really closely at the icon colors or animations now. We may not like it, but I guess someone at Apple decided that the majority of users would not care about animations. Or gradients. Or that "hon" label on 5c.

Welcome to the new Apple.

jonnyb

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2005
Inverness, Scotland
Steve Jobs is gone, and the attention to details is gone with him. There is no one who would look really closely at the icon colors or animations now. We may not like it, but I guess someone at Apple decided that the majority of users would not care about animations. Or gradients. Or that "hon" label on 5c.

Welcome to the new Apple.

Yes, every product released under Steve Jobs was perfect and flawless just like he was. :rolleyes:

anyjungleinguy

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2012
Yeah, if you do the gesture really slowly you'll see that when the two middle icons on the second row of the homescreen reach their default position, the rest of the icons will stop moving altogether, even if you keep moving your fingers. When you release the rest jump into place which makes it feel so disjointed.

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
Those times are long gone. Every software OR hardware Apple is currently selling are at a unacceptable quality control form. Every single one.

Dunno, Mountain Lion is one of the most quality releases of OS X. It rivals Snow Leopard even.

So, in my view, "Every single one" is therefore false.

I do agree about iOS 7, however. It's much better on the iPhone, but there's little things here and there that makes the whole thing feel... unpolished.

I'm giving Apple a few more point updates to clean the worst offenders. But I'm exepcting a much more polished OS in iOS 8, which should be the tick to iOS 7's tock.

Tubamajuba

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2011
here
So much hyperbole in this thread.

I'm going to sell my *insert Apple device here* if *insert minor issue here* doesn't get fixed!

*Insert Apple software or product here* would be perfect if Steve Jobs was still around!

Fine then. Resurrect Jobs or switch to Android. You still won't be happy either way.

TheOtherKind

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2010
iOS 7 should be a very good os if people could complain about animations ... :rolleyes:

I really think there's no place like this forum where you can find people complaining almost about everything ...

iOS 7 is far from being perfect, and there are a couple of problems I really hope they'll fix soon (iMessage and battery drain), but speak about colors and animations like First World Problems .... give me a rest ...

On what planet are iMessage and battery drain 3rd world problems?...this is an Apple forum, and these people are describing issues with their products that concern them, including appearance and performance, which damn sure are customer considerations ...I get so tired of seeing the flippant "First World problems" retort...all these things are First World problems...just because you have a different set of them doesn't mean yours is valid and everyone else's isn't

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
On what planet are iMessage and battery drain 3rd world problems?...this is an Apple forum, and these people are describing issues with their products that concern them, including appearance and performance, which damn sure are customer considerations ...I get so tired of seeing the flippant "First World problems" retort...all these things are First World problems...just because you have a different set of them doesn't mean yours is valid and everyone else's isn't
iMessage hanging and battery drain are real problems affecting the phone functionality .... Animations are merely a cosmetic issue

----------

So much hyperbole in this thread.

I'm going to sell my *insert Apple device here* if *insert minor issue here* doesn't get fixed!

*Insert Apple software or product here* would be perfect if Steve Jobs was still around!

Fine then. Resurrect Jobs or switch to Android. You still won't be happy either way.

Exactly ...

When Jobs was alive and Android less popular there were whiners nevertheless .... saying the same "10 years ago Apple was another thing"

borgqueenx

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2010
I really dont like the new animation of closing aapp with 5 fingers. Loved to play around with it.

iRock1

macrumors 65816
Apr 23, 2011
It's not about that particular animation. iPad and iOS 7 simply don't match, at least for now.

It's laggy as hell, so I'm seriously thinking about downgrading to iOS 6.

MacDevil7334

Contributor
Oct 15, 2011
Austin TX
It's not about that particular animation. iPad and iOS 7 simply don't match, at least for now.

It's laggy as hell, so I'm seriously thinking about downgrading to iOS 6.

Unfortunately, you can't downgrade. Apple stopped signing iOS 6 over week ago.

TheOtherKind

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2010
iMessage hanging and battery drain are real problems affecting the phone functionality .... Animations are merely a cosmetic issue

No, merely cosmetic issues would be saying " the icons and colors are ugly"...if the animations are choppy and laggy, this is a performance issue which affects how a user interacts with the device, and is most definitely functionality

Zerilos

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2012
No, merely cosmetic issues would be saying " the icons and colors are ugly"...if the animations are choppy and laggy, this is a performance issue which affects how a user interacts with the device, and is most definitely functionality

I absolutely agree that Apple needs to sort something out with iOS 7 (how's that for an understatement); however, I'd say that at worst this animation isn't fluid and needs a slight tweak. I certainly don't see how this is an issue with the functionality of the device as it doesn't effect any of its functions (at least none that I can think of...let me know if you can).

Suspended
Sep 20, 2012
United Kingdom
On my iPad 2, not only is it laggy and horrible - but all my App icons are pixelated so badly! It looks really bad :( don't get me wrong, I totally love Apple and get psyched for all their product launches - and I think iOS 7 is a great improvement...but there are a lot of bugs and stupid little mistakes that need ironed out (more than I found in 4, 5 and 6 when released)

I hope it's fixed soon; cause I wanna buy an iPad 5 if it comes with Touch ID and camera improvements :D

TheOtherKind

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2010
I absolutely agree that Apple needs to sort something out with iOS 7 (how's that for an understatement); however, I'd say that at worst this animation isn't fluid and needs a slight tweak. I certainly don't see how this is an issue with the functionality of the device as it doesn't effect any of its functions (at least none that I can think of...let me know if you can).

Definitely an understatement. To me, if it affects how a user interacts with the device, it is functionality - it's not a judgement call like "the icons are yucky" or "the 5c plastic back looks cheap". How well the OS works and how pleasant the customer experience are tied to device usage. But that's just me, your mileage may vary.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.