Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mymemory

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 9, 2001
Miami
Hi, I am in Miami and I was taking a look at the market here and I see a lot of web developing. The curious thing is that for the price of 3 developers here I can have mantain in Venezuela an entire office with 10 people working offering the same service at a better cost.

A friend of mine is looking for some one to create 3 3D animations and he is paying $1000 per animation... that is an entire office with at list 3 animators under a month of salary.

I would like to see if some one is interested about it. You can PM and go step by step. I am a Multimedia producer, you can visit my web site at http://www.vjrei.com and contact me from there. I know a lot of talented people down there that can do teh job at a fraction of the cost and I already have my experience here in teh US market so it would be easy to communicate.

Let see, get in touch.

mymemory

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 9, 2001
Miami
I do not know, is an idea I am working around and it seems like an ad in teh way I wroted but I just want feed back and see people spectations.

I was talking to a friend of mine in New York and he was very interested about it, I mean, so far everything is a big YES.

I have to figure out the logistics. My brother in law own a web tv company and his office is here in Miami and the production is in Caracas. His company spend 42K a year in production having an entire team in Venezuela of editors, flash programmers and all what you can think of.

Many people are doing that, the most important advertising agencyes in Venezuela are moving here to Miami because of Chavez but they have an small office with 3 people here while the 200 + are down there producing everything.

The same quality (or better) at a third of the cost for them.

I know everybody down there and I have seen the TV here in Miami and the quality is lame compared with what is going on in production down there. Remember, the lower the cost the greater the production and believe it or not many things are incredible good down there, I mean, is easier to find the quality of an hi-end product equivalent here in the US.

When I was in New York last year I did an entire 8 minute compilation of the New York Fashion Week for only $200 because for me taht was money. The same thing actually cost $10,000 at list and for me that is like 2 years of salary.

So, that is my intention.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.