Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
I do! I use a 2008 iPod nano that I found for $11. It has 8GB of storage, in the yellow color, and gets 4 hours of battery consistently.
photos?
that would be a great find, mine is sitting in my coffin

ipod nano.jpg

Chuckles55

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2023
Mississippi
I have an Ipod Nano 2nd gen that I have loaded with music and use in my car to listen to music instead of having to deal with my cd collection.

irishtike

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2011
currently? a 4th gen touch in the personal truck. and a 7th gen with a larger battery and 180gb of flash on a iflash in the work van. I have quite a few others I rotate through

ackmondual

macrumors 68020
Dec 23, 2014
U.S.A., Earth
I have an Ipod Nano 2nd gen that I have loaded with music and use in my car to listen to music instead of having to deal with my cd collection.
I still have something like that, but with 80 GB. However, it's sitting in a drawer somewhere. Between not traveling much, and too lazy to set it up... it hasn't been used though :\

Ste_S

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2020
I need to get around to replacing the battery on my 2nd gen iPod; and a SSD if it’ll take it (I’ve seen conflicting reports…).

kc9hzn

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2020
I thought about buying an older iPod back in 2020, but I decided that it would be complicated to manage music on an iPod using an iTunes account associated with Apple Music. Instead, I ended up buying a MiniDisc recorder.

Though recording is fun, and it’s a great archival format (one of those formats where the media will outlast the playback devices), I’m tempted to buy a proper digital audio player since I’m wanting to get more into “active listening”, ie listening to music as a primary activity. It would be a blast to have a 3rd Gen nano again, though, or one of the 6th Gen nanos.

philden

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2010
I need to get around to replacing the battery on my 2nd gen iPod; and a SSD if it’ll take it (I’ve seen conflicting reports…).
I think you can install flash or microSD, but cannot sync to it over firewire. So you need to set up the file system outside of the iPod, and take i tout again to change files.

OurFather

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2024
USA
The 6th gen iPod Nano is not really a non-touch iPod, so I feel a little guilty posting here. 😅 At 16GB, it's good for days of tunes out on the road without making any changes, which is a good thing because no way am I touching it while driving the Honda GoldWing 1500 it's attached to.

Attachments

• IMG_0427.jpg
    IMG_0427.jpg
    393.3 KB · Views: 20

MultiFinder17

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2008
Tampa, Florida
My main music listening device is a 4th-gen iPod that's been flash modded with a CF card, and my main music source when I'm out walking the dog is a 6th-gen nano :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.