Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 10, 2010
As title suggests, do you use the "bra" case with your AirPods Max? It just doesn't seem to match the high quality of the headphones. If you don't use the case what do you use? Place on a headphone stand? Or another case and if so which one?

I wish there was a way of turning the headphones off? I think they turn off after 15 minutes? Is this right? And when off if you get a call on your phone do they automatically turn on again? I think I'd prefer to place them on a nice stand than in this ridiculous case? What do you guys think?

Sheepish-Lord

macrumors 68020
Oct 13, 2021
Reactions: AVBeatMan

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 10, 2010
I’m waiting for this to arrive but if your order the deep sleep option then it comes with magnets. Gets great reviews and had a couple higher profile YouTubers vouch for it.
Looks good. Let me know how they are when you get them.

G46&Fbnth5

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2021
The never turn completely off. Inside the case they immediately go into a low power mode and after 18 hours into an ultra low power mode. Outside the case it is 5 minutes / 72 hours, however if you move them when they are not in the case, the sensors wake them up, therefore during a travel they are basically always on.

macsplusmacs

macrumors 68030
Nov 23, 2014
I should note that I am in the habit of charging them up when I get back home. So I can not attest to leaving them in a bag and what battery levels are like after x days

macsplusmacs

macrumors 68030
Nov 23, 2014
Off topic.

Any magic bullets to clean headphone pads? I have the silver / white ones.

kinda gross. hope I did not spoil your lunch.

I have seen the ones where its just soap and water. and wait 24 hours.

Kinda hoping for something easier.

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 10, 2010
The never turn completely off. Inside the case they immediately go into a low power mode and after 18 hours into an ultra low power mode. Outside the case it is 5 minutes / 72 hours, however if you move them when they are not in the case, the sensors wake them up, therefore during a travel they are basically always on.
So if you had them on the desk on a stand and your phone rings after the 5 minutes the headphones wouldn't "wake up" and take the call? Is this right?

G46&Fbnth5

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2021
So if you had them on the desk on a stand and your phone rings after the 5 minutes the headphones wouldn't "wake up" and take the call? Is this right?
If the “automatic head detection” feature is enabled, AirPods Max disconnect from your iPhone as soon as you stop wearing them, so they never automatically take the call. If you disable that feature I don’t know exactly how they behave.

SkiHound2

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2018
I've only had the Max for a few weeks. I've been using the case when storing the headphones at home. it's quick and convenient to use. Doesn't provide significant protection. I'll likely purchase a hard case for times I want to chuck them into a backpack.

weeesss

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2017
I've only had the Max for a few weeks. I've been using the case when storing the headphones at home. it's quick and convenient to use. Doesn't provide significant protection. I'll likely purchase a hard case for times I want to chuck them into a backpack.
Traveling with mine right now and I am using the Apple case inside a hard case.

Reactions: scrane
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.