Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMarkypad

macrumors member
Original poster
May 3, 2022
I've got a macbook and I thought I should test out minecraft to see how it does. To be fair to plays it at a solid frame rate around 75. Unfortunately when I put shaders on I get around 10 - 20 frames as the macbook gets hot. Maybe one day you'll be able to play minecraft,

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2022
I've got a macbook and I thought I should test out minecraft to see how it does. To be fair to plays it at a solid frame rate around 75. Unfortunately when I put shaders on I get around 10 - 20 frames as the macbook gets hot. Maybe one day you'll be able to play minecraft,

The Apple Silicon Macbooks run Minecraft perfectly with shaders on. What Macbook do you have?

dmccloud

macrumors 68030
Sep 7, 2009
Anchorage, AK

What Mac? What are your specs? That might be the bigger issue rather than Minecraft itself...

EllaWilson3

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2024
As far as I know, MacBooks, known for their robust build and optimized software, might not always hit the mark when it comes to heavy gaming demands, especially with resource-intensive mods in Minecraft. However, with Apple's continuous hardware improvements and the push towards more powerful Apple Silicon chips, it's not far-fetched to expect future MacBooks to handle games with bsl shaders more efficiently. While your current experience sees a significant drop in frame rates, advancements in technology and possibly optimized versions of shaders could change this scenario. I'd also recommend exploring shader settings to find a balance between aesthetics and performance.

teh_hunterer

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2021
As far as I know, MacBooks, known for their robust build and optimized software, might not always hit the mark when it comes to heavy gaming demands, especially with resource-intensive mods in Minecraft. However, with Apple's continuous hardware improvements and the push towards more powerful Apple Silicon chips, it's not far-fetched to expect future MacBooks to handle games with bsl shaders more efficiently. While your current experience sees a significant drop in frame rates, advancements in technology and possibly optimized versions of shaders could change this scenario. I'd also recommend exploring shader settings to find a balance between aesthetics and performance.
Is this post AI generated?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.