Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iOSOS

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2012
I really liked that many applications on OSX Mavericks had simple and clean design. I do fear that the design language of ios 7 will come to the mac. I like the design of ios 7 and they have time to improve upon it but it doesn't feel right for the mac. Do you agree or disagree?

Krazy Bill

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2011
I would like OSX to get a "flatter" more robust look. The bevels and dull tones are looking old. Don't want the Fisher-Price color scheme of iOS7 though. Too gaudy.

DHagan4755

macrumors 68020
Jul 18, 2002
Massachusetts
I think that Apple will make some tweaks. For example I can see them making the dock look consistent by removing the 3D from the Mac dock. Ditching the linen, and somewhat matching elements of iconography between the two like System Preferences. But I don't think there's really much that needs to changed on OS X Mavericks from a GUI stand point.

portishead

macrumors 65816
Apr 4, 2007
los angeles
No it seems pretty clear from these releases that Apple has little to no intention of merging the OS's. OS X is fine, and customizable any way you want. iOS is still pretty young.

I do expect some icons to get changed to match the rough coloring of the iOS apps though.

leman

macrumors Core
Oct 14, 2008
I think that the new iTunes is a sign of direction of where the UI design of OS X is going. I do not believe that it will get iOS7 treatment, simply because the way users interact with these devices is so different.

MacReloaded

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2007
Canada
I like where Mavericks and iTunes are heading. They should use less grey though, especially in Dashboard. It looks bad when viewing the Dashboard space in Mission Control with two tones of dark grey.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.