Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cleanair

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 13, 2015
iPhone 7+ it seems is $150 more expensive than iPhone 6+. Would you say that it's worth it for the nicer home button and waterproof ability? What use would you have with the waterproof ability?

1. Using it while waiting outside for a bus when it's raining and some rain is getting under the umbrella
2. While taking a bath or shower

But then it's 30 minutes only so I think with that kind of time limit people will not try the waterproof function lest the phone becomes broken.

myscrnnm

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA
It's definitely worth the price difference if you are trying both of the items you listed, but it's definitely more for number one rather than two. Coming from an iPhone 6 Plus to an iPhone X though, the weather sealing is immediately apparent when you remove the SIM card trays. The 6 Plus just has a simple aluminum tray, while the X has a rubber gasket. Also take into account the performance difference between the 6 and 7 models. The water resistance also gives you added peace of mind. I would never have used my 6 Plus even in light rain.

Zxxv

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2011
UK
The home button is worth it. Feels nicer and you get physical feedback all throughout the operating system.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.