Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pavel r.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 8, 2018
Hi folks,

I would like to ask you about two things.

Do you trust that notes on icloud are well saved for you? I usually trusted to notes, I keep my important notes there without another back up. Until now. After switch to High Sierra, I tried pin to top one of my note in one folder but suddenly, after a few seconds, all others in the same folder dissappear. They are not in note trash, they are not in iphone or icloud website (instant sync, even when I tried quickly turn off internet connection on my iphone before opening notes, there were gone).

Do you have another tip how to get them back? (I actually downloaded PhoneResque and tried save notes through iphone back up, but there was nothing, maybe back up is only for icloud)

And my second question: Do you trust to Notes? Because after this, I am thinking about another way to taking my notes...

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hi folks,

I would like to ask you about two things.

Do you trust that notes on icloud are well saved for you? I usually trusted to notes, I keep my important notes there without another back up. Until now. After switch to High Sierra, I tried pin to top one of my note in one folder but suddenly, after a few seconds, all others in the same folder dissappear. They are not in note trash, they are not in iphone or icloud website (instant sync, even when I tried quickly turn off internet connection on my iphone before opening notes, there were gone).

Do you have another tip how to get them back? (I actually downloaded PhoneResque and tried save notes through iphone back up, but there was nothing, maybe back up is only for icloud)

And my second question: Do you trust to Notes? Because after this, I am thinking about another way to taking my notes...

Not sure what the root cause was.

1. Potential solutionredtore from backup if you have such prior to you pinning.

2. Yes I fully trust notes. Always have.
- I get you though. There is no restore from within the iCloud site a real annoyance to be honest.

Alternative:
Microsoft OneNote. Very versatile and multi platform; you get a LOT more power on the desktop version with add-ons/extensions that are quite amazing. Cloud backup and you can export the file which has your entire collection such as the top folder many sub folders or categories. I’ve used this at work I’ve rhe kast few years and it’s a LOt more useful and powerful than iOS Notes or Evernote.

Tip: Microsoft provides an import tool from Evernote which keeps about 80% formatting you have in evernote.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.