Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you use a case on your iPhone?

• Yes

Votes: 902 66.5%
  • Yes, but will be removing it

Votes: 56 4.1%
  • No

Votes: 304 22.4%
  • No, but will be getting one

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 85 6.3%

• Total voters

Surfsalot

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2023
Disagree. People who use their phones caseless will gladly trade off a “potential” AC repair and the inconvenience related to it so they can enjoy the phones daily for hours upon hours a day.

Most people who don’t use cases(not all) are naturally more careful with their phones as well. But in a worst case scenario which most likely won’t happen often, you can get an advance replacement through Apple and get your phone swapped very easily. Really not inconvenient at all, especially when you weigh how much nicer it is to use the phone with no case and the cost is also minimal if you already have AC.

Basically if you have AC, and truly enjoy no case, it’s a no brainer.
Not everyone live near a Apple Store, 5 hour drive for me, if totally wrecked I would be without a phone for a week with postage.
Home insurance claim is easier/quicker than Applescare.

Reactions: geta

levels

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2008
Not everyone live near a Apple Store, 5 hour drive for me, if totally wrecked I would be without a phone for a week with postage.
Home insurance claim is easier/quicker than Applescare.
That’s then nice thing about AppleCare, they have the advanced replacement program. All they will do is put a hold on your card, and overnight you a brand new one and you send old one back. Pretty much works the same as insurance but even more efficient.

Surfsalot

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2023
That’s then nice thing about AppleCare, they have the advanced replacement program. All they will do is put a hold on your card, and overnight you a brand new one and you send old one back. Pretty much works the same as insurance but even more efficient.
Doesn’t happen overnight here, 3 days at least, insurance i can get a retail store voucher and get one same day.

Have had applescare in the past so know how it works.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Disagree. People who use their phones caseless will gladly trade off a “potential” AC repair and the inconvenience related to it so they can enjoy the phones daily for hours upon hours a day.

Most people who don’t use cases(not all) are naturally more careful with their phones as well. But in a worst case scenario which most likely won’t happen often, you can get an advance replacement through Apple and get your phone swapped very easily. Really not inconvenient at all, especially when you weigh how much nicer it is to use the phone with no case and the cost is also minimal if you already have AC.

Basically if you have AC, and truly enjoy no case, it’s a no brainer.

I don’t understand the careless thing but we are all different. It wouldn’t work for me because my phone is dropped fairly often and I use it when working outside and it’s placed on concrete and all sorts when I’m out testing. Never bothered with AC as a case has always saved my phones from drips and it worst case scenarios I have insurance on my home. I find bare iPhones to be slippery and harsh to hold to be honest, don’t get the appeal at all.

Reactions: eyoungren and geta

MagicHAM

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2013
Australia
Ever since I dropped my iphone 4 all those years ago and smashed the screen , I now dutifuly make sure my iphone has some sort of cover and screen protector on it. I have dropped a few times, but no damage so far.

Reactions: geta

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Ever since I dropped my iphone 4 all those years ago and smashed the screen , I now dutifuly make sure my iphone has some sort of cover and screen protector on it. I have dropped a few times, but no damage so far.
I've dropped two phones since 2009 sufficiently to merit repair or replacement. iPhone 6+, I cracked the screen. Apple replaced the entire phone for the cost of the screen replacement. That was 2015. 2022, I dropped my 11 Pro Max and Apple replaced it. That's my current phone. Neither had a case, and I am still not using cases.

Reactions: AVBeatMan

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2008
Thanks! The blue phone is an iPhone 13 and it’s in a JETech MagSafe case.
Quick few questions please - is the case slim and does it show off the lovely blue back?

I have a Spigen liquid crystal clear which is nice and slim, but even though it's clear the blue of the phone is dulled a fair bit.

If the jetech is slim and shows off the colour, I'll be buying 😄

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2016
Quick few questions please - is the case slim and does it show off the lovely blue back?

I have a Spigen liquid crystal clear which is nice and slim, but even though it's clear the blue of the phone is dulled a fair bit.

If the jetech is slim and shows off the colour, I'll be buying 😄
The JETech case is about as slim as an average silicone case. Unfortunately, the back of the case is made of a matte texture which dulls the colour of the phone. It’s not a truly clear case.

Reactions: scouser75

salutcemoi

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2021
Trying out the Apple Clear Case because it's on sale on Amazon

Holy wet bar of soap Batman

Also dirt got in after 1 day, probably because of the open bottom

Will return it lol

Originalblez

macrumors member
Aug 30, 2021
Yes for cases no for screen protectors..
I’m the opposite. Micro abrasions on the screen make me really tense.

I used to be a case user for 15 years but this time (15 pro) decided not to. Feels so nice and slim.

I had it blemish free for 7 months but then did drop it on a car park getting out my car - few little scuff marks on the rim… I can live with it. I generally treat it with care and respect; that incident was on a bad day for me.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I had it blemish free for 7 months but then did drop it on a car park getting out my car - few little scuff marks on the rim… I can live with it. I generally treat it with care and respect; that incident was on a bad day for me.
Back when my primary phone was the iPhone 5, I was learning how to handle a phone without a case, so I dropped it a few times. The thing about the 5 though was that the metal on the Black/Slate model (which I have) was anodized to a certain degree. So, you could cover up some slightly rough edges with an emery nail file board and a black paint pen. The gun industry sells these pens that contain black/bluing paint for covering nicks and scratches in gun barrels. Those became really popular around MacRumors in 2012-2013 and it's what I used. The emery board allowed to get rid of a few rough snags in the metal and worked pretty well.

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2008
Trying out the Apple Clear Case because it's on sale on Amazon

Holy wet bar of soap Batman

Also dirt got in after 1 day, probably because of the open bottom

Will return it lol
£49 here in the UK for a clear for the iPhine 12. No ta!

How much where you are?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.