Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

R740

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 15, 2015
London
Hey, just being curious, do you wear your apple watch at home? it seems a little but uncomfortable for me, but i love the remote feature. how about you? and why?

Reactions: AleXXXa

Blujelly

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2012
South East England
Hey, just being curious, do you wear your apple watch at home? it seems a little but uncomfortable for me, but i love the remote feature. how about you? and why?

Its always on. What do you find uncomfortable?

Is it because you're not used to wearing a watch? If so, you'll get used to it and won't even notice it.

Agreed with maflynn I was the same didn't know how I felt about it, I just wasn't used to it. Now I'm not use to it when I don't wear it.

First thing I put on in the morning. Last thing I take off at night. I find myself looking at my wrist if I get up in the middle of the night...which is silly because that's the only time my watch is on the charger, and I can't see doodly without my glasses. ;)

The only time it isn't on my wrist is when I'm sleeping, or any aquatic activities lol

Reactions: Simche and xDKP

BlueMoon63

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2015
Like others have already said so eloquently, if you are new to watches, it may not feel normal to you for a little while.

I wear my Apple Watch approximately 22-23 hours a day - every day. Don't even know it is there but i have worn watches for 35-40 years.

R740

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 15, 2015
London
It's the first the I put on and seen in the morning too, and it's super comfy wearing all day long if i'm out. But just after I come back home, AW lays on my bedtable, waiting for the next morning.
I just don't feel the need to check time at home, have many gadgets here. So the only reason why AW is on my hand right now, is the remote feature. And I have to complete my stand circle! No more.

Last edited:

kcellup

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2015
It's the first the I put on and seen in the morning too, and it's super comfy wearing all day long if i'm out. But just after I come back home, AW lays on my bedtable, waiting for the next morning.
Why not charge it for a few hours, then put it on and use it to track sleep?

h9826790

macrumors P6
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong
Yes, I wear it >20 hours a day. I only put it on charge when I go to bath. And I will wear it again before I go to sleep (after fully charge).

It's useful at home, remote / accept calls with the phone on charger. it's a perfect timer in kitchen (Thanks Siri). A silent alarm which won't wake up my baby...

Last edited:

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
I wear it from the time I get dressed in the AM to the time I go to bed at night, just like if it were any other regular watch. The only exception is I exchange it for my Garmin when I go for a run.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I just don't feel the need to check time at home, have many gadgets here. So the only reason why AW is on my hand right now, is the remote feature. And I have to complete my stand circle! No more.

You can wear it as much or as little as you want. It is your choice.

Reactions: JerTheGeek

BlueMoon63

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2015
Yes, I wear it >20 hours a day. I only put it on charge when I go to bath. And I will wear it again before I go to sleep (after fully charge).

It's useful at home, remote / accept calls without the phone on charger. it's a perfect timer in kitchen (Thanks Siri). A silent alarm which won't wake up my baby...
So very true... My wife loves that I use the silent alarm every day as I get up before she does and I don't wake her. I love tracking my sleep as I can see minor improvements in my health as my resting heart rate has improved. I now average 54 at night when months ago I was 57.

I workout early in the morning every day and I don't even bring my phone down to my workout room. I click on my wink app on my watch and turn the lights on in my workout room and activate the fan. I load my workout app and then the Apple workout app and start listening to music with my Bluetooth headphones. When done, I go upstairs and use the wink app to shut off the lights and fan.

Reactions: Ntombi

redman042

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2008
I do as well. It's rare that I'm awake and not wearing it. The reason being that having the watch on eliminates the need to keep my phone in my pocket while around the house, and makes it far easier to set a reminder or cooking timer, or field an alert in a more relaxed manner than if my phone were buzzing at me from across the room (which it used to do incessantly).

I would say more than half the payoff of owning an Apple Watch is realized while at home in the morning and evening.

As for comfort, there is a certain amount of acclimation, but you should also explore the different straps to find what's best for you. Sometimes I do take my watch off for 10 minutes to let my skin breathe a bit if I'm getting a bit sweaty under there (or accumulation of water from washing my hands). When I put the watch back on, it feels nice and cool.

sactownbwoy

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2008
I feel naked when I don't have a watch on. I have been wearing watches since my dad gave me my first one when I was about 5 years old.

IJBrekke

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2009
Long Beach, CA
To play contrarian: I only wear watches when I leave my house,...as soon as I get home I don't feel the need. Even having a Pebble hasn't changed this, as its main use is allowing notifications at times when I can't look at my phone. I can always look at my phone at home.

Curious if being able to reply to texts through the watch would change anything (i.e. If I would leave the phone and walk around the house with the watch).

Also, my habits basically negate any concerns about battery life outside of traveling.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
I'm always wearing my watch (expect when I'm swimming ;)). I find it very comfortable and sometimes forget I even have it on. Even at home I like having the ability to get notifications on my watch as well as I want to get every little bit of activity credit that I can get.
[doublepost=1453247275][/doublepost]
What band and watch do you have? I have an Apple Watch Sport and only use sport bands, I find my watch to be extremely comfortable.

Reactions: redman042

IphoneIssues

macrumors 65816
Dec 30, 2010
Home is one of the few places I'm comfortable with setting my phone down, and going about my business. Lots of thieves around.

With that being said, my watch is usually on at home. It makes it easier to set the phone down and stay away from it, for certain periods of time.

To play contrarian: I only wear watches when I leave my house,...as soon as I get home I don't feel the need. Even having a Pebble hasn't changed this, as its main use is allowing notifications at times when I can't look at my phone. I can always look at my phone at home.

Curious if being able to reply to texts through the watch would change anything (i.e. If I would leave the phone and walk around the house with the watch).

Also, my habits basically negate any concerns about battery life outside of traveling.

You can. It is limited though.

Reactions: redman042

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012
Home is one of the few places I'm comfortable with setting my phone down, and going about my business. Lots of thieves around.

With that being said, my watch is usually on at home. It makes it easier to set the phone down and stay away from it, for certain periods of time.

That's me too. When I'm out and about, the iPhone will always be right on me, but at home it'll of course often be in another room and that's when notifications on the AW become extra handy. I also use the timer a lot, and Siri more often at home than away.

Not to mention the fact that home will be where I always put my iPhone somewhere and can't find it just when I'm about to go out........ Gotta LOVE the ping iPhone function!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.