Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

livingfortoday

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 17, 2004
The Msp
I've only seen a few iPod shuffles around campus down here in Miami, but everyone I've seen has been worn around the persons neck like in the ads. Now, I just can't bring myself to do this, I feel like an ass when I do it. I have a shuffle, and I either carry it in my hand, or usually place it in a side pocket in my Timbuk2 bag.

Who here that owns a shuffle wears it around their neck? Why? Anybody not wear it?

kgarner

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2004
Utah
I wore mine for the first few days, but under my zippered sweatshirt. It was more convenient to use than it is now in my pocket, but I feel less dorky. I would probably use hte lanyad for certain activities now, but not everyday use.

m-dogg

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2004
Connecticut
I've worn mine around my neck while skiing (under my jacket), but I won't wear it just walking around or at work or anything...

There is this lady I've been noticing at work in the cafe lately who keep it around her neck all the time, even if she isn't listening to it (i.e., no headphones plugged in to it). I don't know...I think she just looks silly...but that's just my opinion.

Sox

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2005
I can't really imagine many people will use the lanyard, unless Apple releases a platinum Shuffle and it ends up in a P.Diddy video.

The Geniuses at the Apple stores all use it, however, but this smacks of marketing, not necessarily fashion.

One of the plusses of the Shuffle even over the normal iPods is its size. It's thin enough to sit in the breast pocket of my suit jacket, without making it look like I have a growth on my chest.

Go Sox.

ejb190

macrumors 65816
I use my Shuffle at the gym. Run the headphone wires between my shirts (I usually wear two t-shirts) and keep the Shuffle in my shorts pocket. Keeps me from getting hung up on equiment and it is really easy to get to.

The lanyard just looks like a pain to deal with.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
The lanyard is just plain ugly -- mine's still in the wrapper...

I honestly can't see the point when the shuffle is so small & light it can go anywhere.

Don't be surprised to see a lanyard-less shuffle within a year or two.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.