Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DonP

macrumors member
Original poster
May 19, 2005
Socal
I'm looking for a dock extension cable (2'-3') that has all 30 pins connected through.

I did buy one that was described that way, and only 4 pins were connected, so it didn't work at all with my touch.

Anyone know of a cable that is a full 30 pin implementation? Thanks!

macrumorsuser10

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2010
I'm looking for a dock extension cable (2'-3') that has all 30 pins connected through.

I did buy one that was described that way, and only 4 pins were connected, so it didn't work at all with my touch.

Anyone know of a cable that is a full 30 pin implementation? Thanks!

Do you mean a 30-pin to USB cable? Apple sells the 10-foot Griffin extension cable.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/H1826ZM/A?fnode=MTc0MjU4NjE

DonP

macrumors member
Original poster
May 19, 2005
Socal

sofakng

macrumors 6502
Dec 5, 2008
Have you found one that works?

The cablejive one says it doesn't work for video so it must not have all 30 pins wired.

I'm looking for a true 30-pin-to-30-pin extension cable as well...

DonP

macrumors member
Original poster
May 19, 2005
Socal
I never bought a cable, so no new information.

The CableJive does claim to be a true 30-pin implementation, so it should work, and they have a good return policy. I would try the CableJive.

turtle777

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2004
There's also this thread on the same topic.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1414746/

I have one exntension cable on order and will report back it if works for my purpose. But since it's for a car stereo, it might not need all 30 pins connected.

Btw, if there were really all 30 pins connected, wouldn't the cable have to be crazy thick ? 30 individual wires should make up for quite a cable.

-t

sofakng

macrumors 6502
Dec 5, 2008
The CableJive does claim to be a true 30-pin implementation, so it should work, and they have a good return policy. I would try the CableJive.
Hmmm, if that was the case then why do they say it doesn't work with the Apple VGA adapter? If all 30 pins were connected I would think it would compatible with any device or adapter, right?

I've bough three of them, all claim to work, none of them did..One works intermittently...If you do find one, let us know.:)
Did you try these with the Pioneer stereo or were you trying to get something else to work?

There's also this thread on the same topic.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1414746/

I have one exntension cable on order and will report back it if works for my purpose. But since it's for a car stereo, it might not need all 30 pins connected.
That's my other topic, heh. This topic I just bumped because it was in a different forum (iPod Touch) so I apologize for any confusion!

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Did you try these with the Pioneer stereo or were you trying to get something else to work?

No, just tried to use it with my phone and iPad...they were pretty cheap though, I guess you get what you pay for.

iBaloney

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2010
would using a dock extender cable (e.g., cablejive's dock extender for car stereo) decrease the audio quality in any way?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.