Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

westislander

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 17, 2011
Montreal, Quebec Canada
Hey guys, whenever I rotate my iPhone 8 Plus to the left, the dock icons rotate with the screen then they rotate quickly back to portrait mode while the screen’s still propped horizontally and they rotate back to horizon mode. This doesn’t happen when I rotate the phone to the right.

Restarting the phone remedies the probable but it creeps back up after a few days and the issue remains until I restart the phone again. This started happening ever since I updated my 8 Plus from iOS 11 to 12 via a clean install. My iCloud backup has been following every iOS and iPhone update/upgrade since the iPhone 6. I’ve only had an iPhone 6 and 8 Plus since 2014.

I haven’t reset any iOS settings including or setting up iPhone as a new phone. I’m waiting for the Apple to drop iOS 13. I’ll perform a clean installing as I usually do for major iOS releases. I don’t clean install for point release i.e 12.x/12.x.x

I made a recording I wanted to share here but apparently, we can’t upload videos.

Has any ever experienced this and does anyone have any ideas as to how to fix this?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.