Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Drew017

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 29, 2011
East coast, USA
Just for fun I thought i would try to follow the directions in this thread

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1409195/

but when I restored defaults my indicators were put back to the old Lion ones...

2yp19u1.png
instead of
f4h8p5.png

would someone upload their default ML dock for me please? :D

Its located in HD/System/Library/CoreServices/Dock.app

many thanks!

Last edited:

Ddyracer

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2009
Just for fun I thought i would try to follow the directions in this thread

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1409195/

but when I restored defaults my indicators were put back to the old Lion ones...

Image instead of Image

would someone upload their default ML dock for me please? :D

Its located in HD/System/Library/CoreServices/Dock.app

many thanks!

You can fix it in candybar. Had the same problem. Terminal and others wouldn't fix it. So i clicked on the dock pane in the upper left, and clicked on restore dock.

Ddyracer

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2009
I updated then tried it and it seemed to work... thanks :D

No problem compadre, your lucky you have me helping you here. Some other guy might have said to repair permissions or do a PRAM reset. They tend to overcomplicate things on this forum, when they decide to be helpful.

;)

Drew017

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 29, 2011
East coast, USA
No problem compadre, your lucky you have me helping you here. Some other guy might have said to repair permissions or do a PRAM reset. They tend to overcomplicate things on this forum, when they decide to be helpful.

;)

Not that those things arent helpful though... ;)

again thanks

----------

the only problem with your solution is that when I went back to check the indicators, the largest one (indicator_large@2x.png) is still back to the old one (and even though my macbook isn't retina and this won't do anything its still weird)

iThinkergoiMac

macrumors 68030
Jan 20, 2010
Terra

Someone thinks a bit highly of themselves...

iThinkergoiMac

macrumors 68030
Jan 20, 2010
Terra
And I still don't have this totally fixed yet :p

Are your issues entirely contained within dock.app? If so, and you have the latest version of ML, PM me and I'll send you a copy of dock.app. That should fix all your issues, as I've never modified mine in any way.

Drew017

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 29, 2011
East coast, USA
Are your issues entirely contained within dock.app? If so, and you have the latest version of ML, PM me and I'll send you a copy of dock.app. That should fix all your issues, as I've never modified mine in any way.

yes they are, and yes i have the latest version of ML.

----------

PM sent ;) thank you good sir

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.