Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pja2536

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 8, 2015
Batemans Bay, Australia
Hi! I have an iPad Air 3 running iOS 13.5.1. Recently the dock has begun to stick when I power on my iPad.

So if I'm holding the iPad in portrait mode and power on, the app icons are all aligned correctly but the dock is pinned as if in landscape mode (I.e. pinned to one of the longer sides of the screen).

Rotating the screen several times eventually gets the dock along the bottom edge of the screen.

Google and Apple Support Forum searches indicate this is a common problem and if fixed by re-starting the iPad.

Re-starting the iPad DOES NOT fix the problem!

Does anybody have a solution?

------

I also have a minor issue with this web site. As I type This post a series of two [return] keys to start a new paragraph does not put the keyboard into "caps" or "shift" mode. If you don't watch you begin new paragraphs in lower case. This is not an issue in other websites nor in any other apps I type into. A full stop followed by a [space] key does set the keyboard into "caps" mode. How odd?

Regards,
peter (notice the lowercase "p")

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
If a reboot doesn't fix the issue concerning the dock, you may want to reset your Home Screen Layout (Settings > General > Reset > Reset Home Screen Layout).

As far as this website, the auto cap feature does not work if you have the BB Code on. If it bothers you enough, you can tap on the gear icon in the post toolbar to disable BB Code.

pja2536

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 8, 2015
Batemans Bay, Australia
Namath,

Thanks for both tips!

I've reset the Home Screen Layout and time will tell whether that's resolved my problem. I will let you know.

In relation to the new line and the "shift" key not being set. It's handy to know how the forum works.

Regards,
Peter

pja2536

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 8, 2015
Batemans Bay, Australia
Namath,

Sorry! Reseting the "Home" screen is not a solution. A day and a half on, and the problem has returned.

Maybe it's a bug in iOS13.5.1 on iPadAir 3. My wife does not see the same problem on her earlier iPadPro with the same operating system level.

Thanks anyway!

Peter

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.