Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RoryCOnline

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2020
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Howdy! I've searched high and low and can't seem to find an option. I'm hoping that you guys can help! I've got a MacBook Pro 16" (2019), and I would love to hook it up to the 3 external monitors that I have in my office. I have found plenty of docking solutions that allow me to use 2 of the monitors but not 3 easily. Has anyone had success with this or know of a solution?

Thanks!

ruslan120

macrumors 65816
Jul 12, 2009
How about a Sonnet eGPU Puck?

Portable, cheaper than a full eGPU, an additional GPU for applications acceleration.

iGobbleoff

macrumors 6502
May 2, 2011
Another vote for an eGPU. I have a Mantiz with a Vega 56 and it works a treat with three screens. Plus is has Ethernet and USB ports so it’s essentially a dock also

ght56

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2020
I am using two or three displays with the combination of an older Thunderbolt 2 dock connecting to one or two displays and an additional monitor directly connected to another USB-C port on the Mac. I've read some docks do allow three displays with a single cable, such as the Dell D6000, but I believe they will all require the use of DisplayLink, refresh rate will be limited if they are higher resolution displays, and ultimately what I had already worked well.

Appledoesnotlisten

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2017
How about a Sonnet eGPU Puck?

Portable, cheaper than a full eGPU, an additional GPU for applications acceleration.
Does it get noisy?
I use 3 external monitors with an eGPU and do not do heavy lifting. Should I have gone with this tiny and inexpensivee Sonnet eGPU Puck instead?

Markburnett

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2020
London
I am using two or three displays with the combination of an older Thunderbolt 2 dock connecting to one or two displays and an additional monitor directly connected to another USB-C port on the Mac. I've read some docks do allow three displays with a single cable, such as the Dell D6000, but I believe they will all require the use of DisplayLink, refresh rate will be limited if they are higher resolution displays, and ultimately what I had already worked well.
Hi guys
For what it’s worth - I had the same desire- 3 monitors hooked up to my MBP. After buying countless leads and hubs, I stumbled across an article that suggested the Dell D6000 dock. It arrived today! As we speak I have it hooked up driving 4 monitors (3 dell displays using 2 display port and 1 hdmi) as well as the laptop screen itself working. Content can be seamlessly moved across screens with no obvious lag or inferior resolution. Hope this helps!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.