Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AustinMBP

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2006
Austin, TX
Anyone know where you can find a docking station for a 17" MBP? been hunting on the web for a few hours now and can't seem to find anything.

Bookendz looks like they will be selling 15" docks end of January, but no word on 17" docks.

Looking to setup my new 17" MBP to easily connect/unconnect to external hard drive, 23" ACD, speakers and USB printer without having to deal with cables all the time...

Cheers,
JMB

Maxwell Smart

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2006
Bookendz is the only mac docking place I've seen online, so if they aren't selling one, I don't think you'll be able to get one anywhere else :-/

AustinMBP

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2006
Austin, TX
Thanks for the quick response Maxwell. I'll monitor/ping Bookendz to see when they will create a 17" product.

Is it just me, or does this seem like a big, gaping hole in the Apple laptop accessories product line?

Granted that I'm a newbie in the Apple/MBP space... been a PC guy since my first computer experiences but just made the dive into Mac and have had quite positive experiences aside from the dock... you can get docks for PC's from nearly every manufacturer and I'm quite shocked that this doesn't seem to be a part of the Apple ecosystem...

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
Belkin has a planned Expresscard based "dock"/port replicator that should be out soon which may ultimately support Macs.

B

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.