Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
I live in Europe and this is what happened to a friend of mine. He ordered a 15" MBPro, the one withe the led screen. Well the one he ordered a few weeks ago was a 27th week MBPro and unfortunately although it was a LG display he had the bottom lower 3rd yellow tint! Imagine a 27week MBPro and still had that fault! How can i order the latest MBPro available, hoping that the yellow tint problem as time passes by, is fixed by Apples display manufacturer?
Does waiting for Leopard OS ensure that the MBpro ill receive (with leopard installed) is the latest manufactured? Or is it that Apple just took an old MBPro that had Tiger and installed Leopard so that this laptop is ready and prepared to be sold?
Can somebody suggest me a way to purchase the latest MBPro made, so by that way i can "dodge" the yellow tint problem!

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
These things are in huge demand so you're def gonna have to wait a week or so and you'll most likely be getting one right off the assembly line.

Also, I'd say your odds of getting a yellow display are somewhere around 10%. Both MBPs I got (first one had a bent superdrive) have had perfect screens.

Smoothie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007
California
Also, I'd say your odds of getting a yellow display are somewhere around 10%. Both MBPs I got (first one had a bent superdrive) have had perfect screens.

Using this assumption, I'd say your chances of getting a yellow screen are 90% since the two MBPs I received both had yellow screens. :) The actual probability is somewhere in between. I've been sitting on the sidelines since I was hoping that the new production would have eliminated this issue. Apparently, it's still a problem.

theman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2007
if you order from apple.com you will get a brand new machine hot off the press. however, that doesn't mean it wont be yellow. the first one i got was a week 36 and it was yellow. my replacement, a week 38 was exactly the same. we will probably have to wait past week 50 or 60 for the issue to be fixed, or even until the new ones are released in january (or whenever). i think apple is just hoping people won't notice. And i'm sure a lot of people wont. you are just playing a lottery right now. check out the really long thread on this forum and you will see how many people are still having the issue.

squeeks

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2007
Florida
my replacement, a week 38 was exactly the same. we will probably have to wait past week 50 or 60 for the issue to be fixed, or even until the new ones are released in january (or whenever).

yeah...there are only 52 weeks in a year...good luck waiting for that week 60:p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.