Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eagleglen

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Major points for the ability to store extra bands and your iPhone with its case! And I like laying it flat instead of balancing on a stand. I'll be keeping this one in consideration.

I'm not preordering any dock or stand until after I receive my watch to give myself a chance to see what would best fit my particular needs. In the meantime I'll probably just lay it in its box while charging. It looks substantial enough.

Last edited:

akonikui

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2007
I'd really like it if there were a way to configure the charger to be propped up on it's side - the same way they store the watches in the drawers at the Apple Store. That way you could lay watches flat if they have the appropriate band, and let them sit on their side if they don't. I imagine they would just need an extra groove in the wood for the watch to lay in, and maybe a clip on the inside to hold the charger in place.
They could even make it so the charger will lay flat when pressure is exerted on it by closing the "book."

ozziegn

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2007
Central FL Area
Yup, both dodo and nomad will tell you to take off a band side to charge if YOU have a milanese or link....kinda lame

That's not lame. It's really lame. Who the hell wants to take their watch apart every time it needs to be charged.

Big time FAIL!

akonikui

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2007
Big time fail indeed, especially since the Milanese Loop was one of the higher selling watches IRRC.

Thankfully it's not shipping for 5-7 weeks from now, so theoretically they have time to make changes.

Techchic

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2015
Why would this and the Nomad not work with the Milanese loop? I have preordered a Nomad :confused:

enblue

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2015
Germany
That's not lame. It's really lame. Who the hell wants to take their watch apart every time it needs to be charged.

Big time FAIL!

During our own dock`s development, which took months, we looked into several placing options. We played around with different setups and a big help were our 3D printed Apple Watch models. At one time we preferred the lay flat version but quickly figured out it will not fit to any band (besides the Milanese there will be a lot of stretch bands on the aftermarket, too) and second, the watches will not nicely lay down on a flat surface because the bands will be rounded due to its natural form of wearing. This resulted in providing a "hanging" solution. And by the way, the magnets of the watch will make it very easy to clip it on.

Out of that testing and experience and away from my business interest, personally I would prefer any "hanging" dock solution over laying flat

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now

Attachments

• ecedf56da81dfcd5216497f132d1cd78_original.jpg
    ecedf56da81dfcd5216497f132d1cd78_original.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 166
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.