Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nStyle

macrumors 65832
Original poster
Dec 6, 2009
I ordered the DODOcase Solid Color iPad 2/3 case from them about 3 weeks ago as well as the durables iP5 case.

First, the iPad case only takes about 2-3 days to manufacture from what their site says and on top of that, maybe 2-3 days to deliver. They chose to wait until all products were ready before shipping. Maybe Amazon has just spoiled me, but I would call this bad customer service when it means waiting 3 weeks for something that could of came much sooner.

I do understand that the durables are in high demand so I was not concerned about waiting for that item.

So far, nothing entirely bad to complain about other than the ridiculous "lets ship these items that weigh maybe 1/3rd of a pound combined to save on shipping costs :rolleyes: .

Next, delivery. The durables wallet is fine, nothing to complain about. A bit overpriced at $50 but the quality is there; however, with the likes of Etsy gaining popularity it is difficult to justify $50 when you can get a very similar product nearly $20 less on their site from other craftsmen. Now, the iPad case is amazing but the wooden power button arm thing that is designed to control the actual power button does not come any where close to hitting the power button on my iPad.

Now, the worse part. You can't even get a hold of these guys. They have a "live chat" that is a joke apparently, no one is ever on to talk. When you call you just get a message that says to leave a message. This is during, I assume, their business hours, which is NOT listed on their site.

How could a company take $70 for a case, take 3 weeks to deliver it, deliver a flawed product, and NOT respond to calls or have any type of immediate assistance available? This is not the 1960's.

Anyway, I love the product that I received but extremely disappointed in the company and the fact that I am going to have to wait another week or two to be satisfied, if I am even willing to wait for them at this point.

DODOcraig

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2010
DODOcase - we are always here to help

Hi nStyle,

I saw your post and thought I'd respond. If you send me your name or email address I can do some research as to your specific support request. I'm really surprised to hear you didn't get a response as we are a very supportive bunch over here. With your info I will get to the bottom of it.

Our live chat functions and phone service between 9 and 5 pm PST. Mara, our wonderful customer support rep, does have to leave her desk to various things so she isn't always going to be there. That said, when she is not there all requests are converted to tickets so we can get back to you.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the Durables Wallet.

Sorry to hear you have had an issue with the bamboo button on the iPad case. I can tell you with absolute certainty, that when a customer contacts us with an issue, we take care of them. If there is a issue with your button, we will simply replace the case. No questions asked beyond 'are you experiencing a problem?'. If you help me find your ticket, I will make sure you get taken care of.

Again, please do send me your ticket number or copy of your email so I can figure out why you weren't responded to. Unfortunately, I can't do any research with your MacRumors user name.

DODOcraig
craig (at) dodocase.com

I ordered the DODOcase Solid Color iPad 2/3 case from them about 3 weeks ago as well as the durables iP5 case.

First, the iPad case only takes about 2-3 days to manufacture from what their site says and on top of that, maybe 2-3 days to deliver. They chose to wait until all products were ready before shipping. Maybe Amazon has just spoiled me, but I would call this bad customer service when it means waiting 3 weeks for something that could of came much sooner.

I do understand that the durables are in high demand so I was not concerned about waiting for that item.

So far, nothing entirely bad to complain about other than the ridiculous "lets ship these items that weigh maybe 1/3rd of a pound combined to save on shipping costs :rolleyes: .

Next, delivery. The durables wallet is fine, nothing to complain about. A bit overpriced at $50 but the quality is there; however, with the likes of Etsy gaining popularity it is difficult to justify $50 when you can get a very similar product nearly $20 less on their site from other craftsmen. Now, the iPad case is amazing but the wooden power button arm thing that is designed to control the actual power button does not come any where close to hitting the power button on my iPad.

Now, the worse part. You can't even get a hold of these guys. They have a "live chat" that is a joke apparently, no one is ever on to talk. When you call you just get a message that says to leave a message. This is during, I assume, their business hours, which is NOT listed on their site.

How could a company take $70 for a case, take 3 weeks to deliver it, deliver a flawed product, and NOT respond to calls or have any type of immediate assistance available? This is not the 1960's.

Anyway, I love the product that I received but extremely disappointed in the company and the fact that I am going to have to wait another week or two to be satisfied, if I am even willing to wait for them at this point.

lkw15

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2012
Hi nStyle,

I saw your post and thought I'd respond. If you send me your name or email address I can do some research as to your specific support request. I'm really surprised to hear you didn't get a response as we are a very supportive bunch over here. With your info I will get to the bottom of it.

Our live chat functions and phone service between 9 and 5 pm PST. Mara, our wonderful customer support rep, does have to leave her desk to various things so she isn't always going to be there. That said, when she is not there all requests are converted to tickets so we can get back to you.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the Durables Wallet.

Sorry to hear you have had an issue with the bamboo button on the iPad case. I can tell you with absolute certainty, that when a customer contacts us with an issue, we take care of them. If there is a issue with your button, we will simply replace the case. No questions asked beyond 'are you experiencing a problem?'. If you help me find your ticket, I will make sure you get taken care of.

Again, please do send me your ticket number or copy of your email so I can figure out why you weren't responded to. Unfortunately, I can't do any research with your MacRumors user name.

DODOcraig
craig (at) dodocase.com

All I can say is that over the past two years I have bought several Dodocases (and just ordered two for the iPad mini). I had one issue once with a corner, and you guys responded the same day and took complete care of me. I had a really, really good experience.

Plus, I sold one of my older cases on eBay and got 80% of the value back. Amazing!

OP, hope you get your issue correct - and it sounds like with Craig's help you will.

cmykaye

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2012
I had one and didn't really like it. Didn't hold my iPad in well and the corners started to peel off, also wasn't very sturdy. Wouldn't purchase one again.

skyking6565

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2015

I had the same issue. THEY NEVER COMMUNICATE! I ordered a iPad & iPhone case, needed it rushed, sent to my hotel, etc. They never responded to my several emails, their on-line chat is a joke, no phone number listed, and on, and on, and on! I do not know how they even stay in business!

skyking6565

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2015
I had the same issue. THEY NEVER COMMUNICATE! I ordered a iPad & iPhone case, needed it rushed, sent to my hotel, etc. They never responded to my several emails, their on-line chat is a joke, no phone number listed, and on, and on, and on! I do not know how they even stay in business! I'll NEVER do business with them. I'm calling my CC company to dispute the charge! I've asked them to cancel my order, still, no response. WHAT A JOKE!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.