Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
Some of you may remember that a few years back, T-mobile ran a promotion where you could sign up for a free 200mb data plan for the iPad. I have an iPad Pro with that free plan still active and working and I'd like to give it to a family member.

I'd like to just erase all content and settings, but would doing that also destroy the free data plan? This particular plan is tied to the esim and can't be transferred to a new device.

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
If you do it through the iPad, it should give you the option to either remove or keep the esim.

It's not entirely clear. Under "Reset" in settings there is the option to "Erase all Content and Settings" and separately an option to "Remove All Cellular Data Plans". I certainly don't want the latter, but wasn't sure if "Erase all Content and Settings" included the data plan as well.

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
It's not entirely clear. Under "Reset" in settings there is the option to "Erase all Content and Settings" and separately an option to "Remove All Cellular Data Plans". I certainly don't want the latter, but wasn't sure if "Erase all Content and Settings" included the data plan as well.

When you click Erase all Content and Settings, you should be given an option in the confirmaion screen to either keep or remove the plan :).

Reactions: barkomatic
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.