Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 26, 2010
I was thinking of buying one of Dbrands skin for the back of the IPad Pro 2021. Just the back. I would probably keep it for years until I decided to sell the device and then peel it off.

Has anyone had a Dbrand skin for months or years and then taken it off and see if any residue was left in the iPad?

Reactions: DeepIn2U

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
I wish I could answer your question, as I do have a this brand skin on my 2020 MK. It has survived without wear, so I have not been tempted to pull the skin off.

I do worry a little about re-sale of the MK with or without a skin, but my experience with Apple's choice of material for folios has been poor. Frankly I doubt there is much of a re-sale value. More likely I'll give it away to family or friends ?

One early version of the folio started having a fabric type weave showing through (not the result of wear BTW). Apple did replace it. But that was an early version.

I just think it is so odd that no manufacturer, including Apple, has not come up with a more resilient folio material that includes a keyboard. Is it weight vs. durability?

Last edited:

Ray2

macrumors 65816
Jul 8, 2014
I've made my own out of gun grip tape for years. Never have any shown damage, discoloration or left a residue. Dbrand uses quality materials and have been around a long time. I would trust they are fine.

Reactions: jazz1

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
DBrand skins don't harm the finish on iPhones or iPads I had one of their carbon series on my older iPad Pro 2018 11"; maybe 6 mths before I pealed it off and gifted the iPP to my sister.

If anything its great for protecting from scuffs or slight scratches that would otherwise occur in a backpack.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.