Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

treyhunnid

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2018
Cuz it hasn’t for me since iOS 13.1 doesn’t even show my Apple TV’s in the menu
60D4EBE9-82E0-4D23-AEF1-16D8934F3C3B.jpeg

Last edited:

Bogstandard

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2018
Mid West
Since iOS 13/ iPadOS, airplay from my devices to airport express has been unreliable with dropped connections, attenuated volume periods, and skips.
The older the device, the worse the reliability.
Before iOS 13, I was also able to airplay music to the Atv 4k.
I suspect that I'm being pushed to subscribe to Apple Music.

MacManiac76

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2007
Arizona
Airplay works fine for me on iOS 13 iPhone 11 to my Apple TV 4K. The OP hasn't replied since the start of this thread, so don't know if it is still not working. I rarely use Airplay, so was kind of surprised that it worked right away for me. The only time I ever had a problem is when the two device were on different Wifi networks, 2.4 GHz vs 5 GHz.

treyhunnid

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2018
Def still not working. I had it working fine early last month before the updates even with no WiFi. I was screen mirroring off my T-Mobile data connection as long as I was within like 10 feet of my Apple TV box. Then after a update. Boom! Can’t even see it ??‍♂️ Even on WiFi

I’ve updated my 3rd gen Apple TV and still nothing from my iPhone XS or iPad Air 2. No idea what changed. Saw no outrage online so it must just be me ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.