Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Archmagination

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 15, 2004
A thread reminded me of it.. man I loved playing that game. I still consider it one of the best games I have ever played.. even with all the bugs. Pax Imperia Info Link

I just wish it was playable in Panther.. I would still be playing it even today. That and the old "Golden Box" D&D Games.

Archmagination

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 15, 2004
10.4 did away with Classic support and I don't know how to get Sheepsaver to work.. its a little confusing for me. I do have an old Mac OS 8.6 that I could use for Sheepsaver, but I like I said how the heck can you get it to work?

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Hmmmm... you can use classic in 10.4, as long as you're on a PPC. If it got lost in the upgrade, just use the optional installs on the system restore disc for your computer to reinstall the Classic folder. It should work regardless of what version of OS X you're running.

Archmagination

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 15, 2004
What I am really surprised about is that after research looking for a good space strategy game I found out that Galactic Civilization 2 Gold is its spiritual successor. I can't wait to get it.

gloss

macrumors 601
May 9, 2006
around/about
I've still got a CD for the sequel, which Sucked (capitalization necessary).

The original game was really fantastic, though. I miss it.

ZorPrime

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2005
Los Angeles
Ah yes...

Pax Imperia was a very sweet game, i still fire up my old Performa 636CD (68k) every once in a while and play Pax, Pathways into Darkness and Beyond Dark Castle :cool:

mahashel

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2005
"the lab"
The original Pax Imperia ruled!
My buddy and I would take turns playing against the computer opponent on his old LC Classic.
I've yet to find another game that allows multiple human players to rotate turns on a single computer.
I have no idea where one would get a copy of Pax in this day and age. I have a sneaking suspicion that it'd be tricky to get running. ;)
Galactic Civ 2 is indeed one of the only games I've ever played that I'd comfortably dub a worthy "Pax Imperia successor". That game is amazing. Entire days disappear when I'm playing it. "Just one more turn, then I'll go to bed".. hehe :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.