Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mammoth

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 29, 2005
Canada
They are good fun to get, and are free at stores. I have a modest collection, iMac G5, iBook G4, iPod 5G, iPod Nano, Applecare, etc.

macEfan

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2005
I have some, but I really don't collect them- they just get posted on my walls :D

5300cs

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2002
japan
I have a few Newton ones. I also have one for the Pismo (or Lombard, I forget) and the white iBook when it first came out. I used to love those small credit-card sized pamphlets.

drj434343

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2006
Portland, OR
used to collect them

I worked at CompUSA for 5 years and made it a point to get my hands on all the extra pamplets and posters we had in the store the entire time. I have small foldout cards for the original iMac through early generation G5 towers and flatscreen iMac's. I also have an original iMac flavor poster and a fabric banner for the first white ibook. Unfortunetly never got the huge rigid think different posters (4 by 8 feet) because the Apple tech would always take them home first!

macEfan

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2005
:D nice collection.
I bet those Ipod Mini ones will be collectable some day

mbl42

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2005
I have a few of the new ones lying around also, but nothing worth anything (yet).

macEfan

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2005
mkjj said:
http://homepage.mac.com/markjjohnson/MacStuff/PhotoAlbum3.html

Also, saldly yes, quite a few! Have a look half way down the page.

They used to do those lovely little 'Take One' product leaflets, I used to take more then one!

Just been in to the two stores in Florida and only one leaflet available, same in both stores (ProCare leaflet), cost cutting no doubt.
wow, you have been doing some serious collecting! nice color classic!
nice newtons also. hmm you must have done a lot of ebay bidding :)

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
mkjj said:

They used to do those lovely little 'Take One' product leaflets, I used to take more then one!

Just been in to the two stores in Florida and only one leaflet available, same in both stores (ProCare leaflet), cost cutting no doubt.

VERY nice collection, mine is mostly more common computers, with a few bits of paraphenalia. (Including an Adjustable Keyboard, complete with original price tag.)

I'm very disappointed that my PowerCD died after only about a year of use, so I threw it away! Oh, the humanities, looking back on it. (I wasn't a collector yet, it was brand new.) And I'd love to get a nice TAM, too. Do you have OS X running on it?

imac9556

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2004
yeah, I also have collected the Apple pamphlets since the biege G3 and Mac OS 8.5 ones :) I think I still have the PPC601 PowerPC processor pamphlet still lol

mf2k

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2005
San Francisco
5300cs said:
I have a few Newton ones. I also have one for the Pismo (or Lombard, I forget) and the white iBook when it first came out. I used to love those small credit-card sized pamphlets.

can u scan a few? I would love to see them!

mkjj

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2003
Liverpool
ehurtley said:
And I'd love to get a nice TAM, too. Do you have OS X running on it?

Thanks for the comments guys, the TAM runs 9.2.1 as the forums warn against installing OSX as it can cause serious problems.

The machine has been upgraded to a G3 500mhz with 128mb Ram (max) and has a 10/100 card in so happily sits on my DSL network, I do have Wireless Card for it but have been too lazy to install it!

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
I used to collect them in the days of the Tangerine iBook and Graphite PowerMac. I still have my old ones, but I don't have any new ones.

MacEffects

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2005
Darkspear
I must be honest, I did, until I seems I had most likly over 10,000 of them, so I sold them all and got me $156.50 on eBay (They were from 1978-2003)... But oh well.

mkjj

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2003
Liverpool
MacEffects said:
I must be honest, I did, until I seems I had most likly over 10,000 of them, so I sold them all and got me $156.50 on eBay (They were from 1978-2003)... But oh well.

Wow! is the link still live on eBay? Like to see that one!

iHeartTheApple

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2006
Boston, MA
mkjj said:

That is a very impressive collection! :eek: :eek: @ the Newtons! Wow, just...wow!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.