Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dalutulak

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2013
I have this bug on my iPhone 5s that is driving me crazy!!!
I've tried this on THREE different iPhones 5s's that are fully updated and I'm getting the same results.

1-I've fully restored the iPhones as new devices
2-went to "restrictions" and only allowed specific websites (basically it's a whitelist)
3-open safari and start to type in any website, whether it has already been allowed or if it's still blocked, and safari crashes!!!

I thought that it was an obvious bug that would be fixed with future updates but that obviously hasn't been done. I've also only tried it on the 5s so...

does someone have a solution to it? and even if you don't can you please try it on your own iPhones to see if you have the same problem or if I tried the only three that do? thanks.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Does anyone else have this safari bug???

Nope. Mine will allow websites that are allowed or block websites that aren't.

tabyvane.jpg

This is on an iPhone 4S however.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Are you doing this in regular or private mode? Perhaps some other settings might have an effect--have you tried clearing all Safari data? Maybe even restart the phone if not even reset some settings (like network settings or perhaps even all settings)?

dalutulak

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2013
Nope. Mine will allow websites that are allowed or block websites that aren't.

did you go to Restrictions>Enable Restrictions>Set a Passcode>Scroll down to the "websites" tab in the"adult content" section>choose the "specific websites only" option>go back to Safari>start typing in the URL box?

----------

Are you doing this in regular or private mode? Perhaps some other settings might have an effect--have you tried clearing all Safari data? Maybe even restart the phone if not even reset some settings (like network settings or perhaps even all settings)?

I did all of that to the point where I just restored my phone and the other two "test" phones as new iPhones just to get the best results.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.