Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ericdjensen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 6, 2019
Springfield,VA
I get really sweaty when I workout so I always thoroughly rinse off my AW when I’m done. After I dry it off I eject the water and the speaker still sounds awful. It takes a good 5+ times to get all of the water out. Just curious if it’s like this for anyone else. I’m assuming it’s supposed to work the first time

iamasmith

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2015
Cheshire, UK
I think it helps to give it a shake whilst doing the eject feature but you usually still have to put up with some residual too until it naturally dries.

ripsaw650

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2015
Utah
My “OCD” forces me to do it 5-6 times so I’m not sure if onl one time would work anyways.

TheSkywalker77

macrumors 68030
Sep 9, 2017
It always takes me several tries, and even after that the water isn't fully out. Just give it a few hours to naturally dry out after you've gotten as much water out as possible with Water Eject.

acorntoy

macrumors 68020
May 25, 2010
Usually do it 2-3 times (depending on how much I see on the second time) and then assume the little remaining will dry.

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
I find rinsing once a month to be good enough, and am careful to not get into the speaker, so one pass with the water eject is enough. Button and crown seem to be the areas that get gunked by sweat for me. Will simply simply wipe down the Watch after a workout. Don't think I've ever sweated into the speaker.

Then again, I've only used the speaker once to take a call while in the car (old car, no BT connection).

acorntoy

macrumors 68020
May 25, 2010
I find rinsing once a month to be good enough, and am careful to not get into the speaker, so one pass with the water eject is enough. Button and crown seem to be the areas that get gunked by sweat for me. Will simply simply wipe down the Watch after a workout. Don't think I've ever sweated into the speaker.

Then again, I've only used the speaker once to take a call while in the car (old car, no BT connection).

I usually get water in it by washing it after a workout. I find if I don’t give the whole thing a good wash over it starts to smell..... bad. I’ve only used it after I actually got into a body of water with the watch maybe once.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.