Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

willryan42

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2009
So far iTunes Match (on its own, I don't subscribe to AM) has been an awesome way to access my library from my work computer, but this missing artwork bug is slowly killing me.

For some reason random albums' artwork fail to sync to other devices. After a bunch of googling it seems like this is fairly common with no known solution

THINGS I'VE TRIED
  • Disabling/re-enabling iCML on other devices

• This iTunes script that re-embeds all artwork to each individual file (really thought this would work)
THE ONLY THING THAT HAS WORKED
  • Select an album on main computer (where artwork is showing properly) > Get Info > click the album art image in top left > cmd+x to cut artwork > cmd+v to paste artwork > done.
For some weird reason that gets the artwork to show on other devices. But that's a pain in the ass to do that for every album, as well as doing it whenever I add new music (I've already seen new music not showing artwork on other devices, so this "hack" would need to be done there).

Does anyone have a more solid, preferably automated/easier/permanent fix?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.