Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
I can confirm that I do not own an iPad Air. My mother in law has one though and it’s pretty cool.

Mainsail

macrumors 68020
Sep 19, 2010
I have an iPad Air 4, and it is a nice tablet. I got it instead of the basic iPad because, at the time, the base unit only had 32GB storage, so after upgrading storage it would have been closer to the same price as the Air. That said, today, I would probably just get the iPad 9, since it comes with the same 64GB of storage as the Air and it is considerably less expensive. The basic iPad at $329 is a heck of a good deal.

I just use my iPad for reading and simple stuff like mail and web. If I need to do something more complicated, I use my MBA.

Isengardtom

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2009
I think many people do. It’s probably Apple’s second most popular tablet after the base one. Especially when the 4 came out it was pretty nice with the upgraded design. Currently it’s due for a spec bump update though.

headlessmike

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2017
Funny you should ask. Despite being a big fan of iPads, I've never owned an Air. In my household we've have models from every other sub-range: an iPad (3), three minis (2,5,6), and a pro (10.5"). The Air is the one I recommend to most people though.

JosepPont

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2019
Albaida, Valencian Country
I have one. I'm a little bit unsatisfied with it because of a really bad performance with video apps. Netflix and HBO Max are unplayable after 5 minutes dropping the video quality to the worst. I know is an iPad issue because YT plays fine and when I play the same videos with other devices the problem is not there. Also the screen is not as responsive than the iPad 6th generation and sometimes I have to repeat the touch multiple times.

I changed from the 6th generation because the (little bit more) screen and because the expected better performance and..... NOPE.

one more

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
Yep, I do (iPad Air 4) and it’s awesome! Before that had an Air 2. It was awesome too and is still going strong.

DcGamer05

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2011
Litchfield CT
I have one. I'm a little bit unsatisfied with it because of a really bad performance with video apps. Netflix and HBO Max are unplayable after 5 minutes dropping the video quality to the worst. I know is an iPad issue because YT plays fine and when I play the same videos with other devices the problem is not there. Also the screen is not as responsive than the iPad 6th generation and sometimes I have to repeat the touch multiple times.

I changed from the 6th generation because the (little bit more) screen and because the expected better performance and..... NOPE.
I hear ya. It’s a nice machine just not as big an upgrade it seems on paper. Have you tried a warranty replacement at all? Or do you feel it will affect all of them ? I liked mine but not enough to keep it. It was just a tease of the pro. I returned it and got a pro. Good luck sorry your iPad is giving you trouble

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013

That's not normal behavior.

*~Kim~*

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2013
UK
Bought an Air 5 for my mum, but don’t have one myself. If the reason for your question was that you can’t see threads of pictures posted up, that doesn’t seem to happen any more. (Or perhaps it was more of an iPhone thing.)

I haven’t seen anyone else with an iPad Air or even a Mini 6, but then I haven’t been on public transport lately where you might be more likely to see them.

Guacamole

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2011
I currently have an air 2 but the battery runs our very quickly. I might get the air 5 .
better for reading than reading on a phone

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
I rarely see iPads of any kind, other than my own.

I’m the tech support for friends and co-workers so I actually do see other people’s iPads. I’m reminded how much out of the norm MacRumors is when I see folks asking for help on their OG Air or older. Aside from my aunt who has a 12.9” iPad Pro, pretty much all the others’ iPads I’ve seen still have the home button.

Reactions: snipr125

GhostOS

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2022
They’ve yet to sell one yet.

Attachments

• E760090A-CA35-4616-AC4B-336D276099F1.jpeg
    E760090A-CA35-4616-AC4B-336D276099F1.jpeg
    189.7 KB · Views: 69
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.