Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skeleton11223

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2017
Nah, but I have an iPhone 4 and I think I might even prefer it over my iPhone 6, I've applied the best performance settings and it runs quite decently, (Battery life is better than the 6's too) Safari is trash on it though, watching videos on youtube is a pain, I have to close and reopen the video to watch them and ads just repeat, however, I installed puffin and browsing is a lot faster (Especially with images set to load at lower quality, I tested it compared to my iPhone 6 using Safari and loading youtube was around 10 seconds slower than the 6 vut with puffin it was only about 1 second behind) and videos play flawlessly.

Last edited:

Rayban

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2008
You mean recycled design from 2014 but with no headphone jack?
Apple clearly isn't in 2017.
The iPhone X is a recycled design?
The focus on Apple is silly. Look at the Samsung Galaxy S5 (2014) compared to the S7 (2016). Same phone design.

skeleton11223

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2017
The iPhone X is a recycled design?
The focus on Apple is silly. Look at the Samsung Galaxy S5 (2014) compared to the S7 (2016). Same phone design.
It's not even out yet though
[doublepost=1506797543][/doublepost]On a side note I keep editing my comment because there's this weird bug that makes the keyboard disappear and it won't come back until I post. Happens on all of IOS devices with this site.

darrylcn

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2015
I actually picked up a second 3GS and downgraded it to iPhone OS 3.1. Its only use is as an MP3 player but boy is it fast. That screen looking dock takes me back.

Reactions: jackoverfull

rugmankc

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2014

"Just curious if anyone here still uses the 1st three generations of iPhones. My dad gave me his iPhone 3GS and I still really like it. Perhaps even better than my iPhone 6."

Worthwhile first post---Congrats

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
Just curious if anyone here still uses the 1st three generations of iPhones. My dad gave me his iPhone 3GS and I still really like it. Perhaps even better than my iPhone 6.
I think Mac forum is the least likely group of people to be using first or second or thief gen iPhones as daily drivers. Statistically speaking.

dandill

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2020
A friend of mine gave me her old iPhone 3GS back in 2013 when she upgraded to something new. I still use it to this day.

Battery still holds up, and no problems with calling or the messaging functions. Apps however, no longer work. Also unable to access my Google accounts as their new security protocols are too advanced for the old 3GS. Runs iOS 6.1.6 and I still have an original size SIM card.

I will likely be switching to a new device soon, but this one has held up for over a decade. Not bad! My main disappointment has been the difficulty in trying to back it up before I head into to store for a new one.

Reactions: DanTSX

jackoverfull

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2008
Berlin, Germany
Battery still holds up, and no problems with calling or the messaging functions. Apps however, no longer work. Also unable to access my Google accounts as their new security protocols are too advanced for the old 3GS. Runs iOS 6.1.6 and I still have an original size SIM card.
You should still be able to sync with your google account if you manually enable less secure apps.

I do it now and then when using my older systems, annoyingly google turns this setting off if you don’t use it for a couple of weeks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.