Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suessy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2013
Montreal, QC
Hi:

In about 2000 (can't remember back that far to be exact), I bought a confidential Apple CD from an ex-Apple manager who worked for the corporate office and had quit, was moving and put all his Apple stuff for sale in a garage sale. This is a 1995 setup CD from what I can tell for the techs who set up the software on new computers. Obviously it is old information but my sister insisted I find out if it is valuable before I just make up any number in order to flog it on eBay or something. I am posting a couple of pictures hoping someone can tell me. I have no clue about the machine language that is on it but it's intact and in the genuine original case as you can see.

This is NOT a sales pitch. I really don't know what I have here. I just don't want to regret selling it at nothing and then find out someone has just sold it for 10x the amount and yes, I'm still driving a 1994 Honda. I really need a new car!:rolleyes:

Thanks for your help if you'd care to weigh in!

Suessy

Attachments

• apple cd in case.jpg
    apple cd in case.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 156
  • apple cd.jpg
    apple cd.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 139

David Schmidt

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2006
Southeastern USA
I found this here:
http://personales.mundivia.es/jramos/links/appleSites.htm

Apple CDSN (Computer's Connectivity Demonstration and Support Network)
Specializes in providing resources for the demonstration of Apple and third-party connectivity products and solutions.

So it's a demo CD for equipment from 1995, and from the looks of it, they issued them quarterly. It might be noteworthy to the right collector, but it's not going to help finance your car.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.