Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Spicedham

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 16, 2012
Does anyone know how to activate the app switcher when using the magic mouse while in an app? The only way I figured out how to get to the app switcher with the mouse is when I’m at the home screen and I pull the cursor to the bottom. This doesn’t work when I’m in an app. When I I pull the cursor to the bottom it activates the dock then takes me to the home screen if I keep pulling the cursor down further.

Spicedham

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 16, 2012
Well it turns out you can’t with the Magic Mouse on the older iPad pros. With the new ipad pros with no home button there’s a bar at the bottom to drag for home or to pull up for the app switch but with the old home button iPads pressing the home button twice is the only way.

Reactions: Rramnel

PortoMavericks

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2016
Gotham City
Swipe three fingers up and do not release On the Magic Trackpad brings on the switcher on the 10.5.

What’s the correspondent gesture on the Magic Mouse?

JVNPhoto

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2017
Swipe three fingers up and do not release On the Magic Trackpad brings on the switcher on the 10.5.

What’s the correspondent gesture on the Magic Mouse?

Double tap with two fingers but it doesn’t work on iPad. Two finger swipes are also not recognised.

M37

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2020
For the 2017 ipad pros and before, you can enable the assistive touch and keep it at minimum opacity on right bottom corner of the screen. Modify the one press shortcut to app switcher and 2 press shortcut to home screen. This combo seems efficient to me. I use iPad Pro 2017 with Magic Mouse 2

M37

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2020
Another tip - Reassign the Right click function from being the secondary click to app switch. Because secondary click also triggers when you long press. This is very convenient combo to keep imo

aykromos

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2020
Turn on dwell control and set up 4 corners, that way you can get 4 more buttons on the magic mouse. It entails being bothered with that accessibility menu option. You can also set 3 more actions on the mouse, inluding the app switcher. As to the four corners, I use top left corner for Home, top right corner for Highlight Search (you can bring it onto the screen on any page on iPad), bottom left corner for screen capture and bottom right corner for app switcher. You could do this using any mouse but... Magic Mouse seems to have the least lag. It will be very jarring at first, but if you set the fall back action to “pause dwell”, it is whole lot more manageable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.