Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZipZilla

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 7, 2003
I've tried searching everywhere and turning everything off. On ios 17.4.1 and every time somebody types in a dollar amount in imessage, it brings up the Apple Pay spam bar.

Any way to get rid of it?

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
Are you referring to this message when you tap on the amount?

IMG_2785.jpeg

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
It isn't spam. It is Apple "convenience". They are making it "easier" for you to make payments in messages.

Reactions: Ntombi

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Is it a way to bring up Apple Pay? I have never seen this but it does look like it's something similar to emoji suggestions when typing in something like "lol". Won't this just put in an emoji-fied "Apple Pay"?

If so, can maybe try disabling emoji suggestions under Keyboard settings. Otherwise, yeah, short of turning off all suggestions, stuck with it.

Reactions: Ntombi

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
We can't see your last message... I'm guessing it doesn't contain a monetary value.
(Or it's possible that you're outside of the US, where Apple Cash isn't available.)

Text something like "You owe me $7" and report back.
I am in the U.S. and have Apple Cash. Are you saying the Apple Pay suggestion only shows up if you first send a text with a dollar amount? If that's the case, it's working as designed, to facilitate you sending or requesting the recipient send you money using Apple Cash.

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
I am in the U.S. and have Apple Cash. Are you saying the Apple Pay suggestion only shows up if you first send a text with a dollar amount? If that's the case, it's working as designed, to facilitate you sending or requesting the recipient send you money using Apple Cash.
That’s exactly what it is. I get it, ignore it, and it goes away immediately. I wouldn’t at all liken it to spam!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.