Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lprince123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 8, 2020
Hi. Recently acquired a macintosh. Not sure of its exact model. I cannot find anything that looks exactly like it. I has a blue logo of some sort next to the apple logo on the frontside of it. Not sure what this means. I believe it is from the 128k or 512k era. Someone please help. I will insert some pictures below.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    324.6 KB · Views: 246
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    411.8 KB · Views: 214

yaxomoxay

macrumors 604
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
Hi. Recently acquired a macintosh. Not sure of its exact model. I cannot find anything that looks exactly like it. I has a blue logo of some sort next to the apple logo on the frontside of it. Not sure what this means. I believe it is from the 128k or 512k era. Someone please help. I will insert some pictures below.

M0001, it says it on the back. That's the original Mac.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
The other logo might be the reseller's…stuck on there like car dealers do.

$2495 new in 1984. That's about $6200 in today's money. About the same price as a new baseline Mac Pro.

lprince123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 8, 2020
Do any of you know what the Approximate value Of it. It turns on, shows cursor and also shows the searching for disc/drive icon. Only thing is that its screen is a little wonky. I also have install disc’s 1-7. And a made in usa apple mouse. Although im not sure what model it goes to.
[automerge]1588975107[/automerge]
And thank you all for the info.

lprince123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 8, 2020
Thanks for all the info. One last thing. Is there a way to know if it has the original, meaning the 128k motherboard?

MacTech68

macrumors 68020
Mar 16, 2008
Australia, Perth
Since it appears to have a SCSI add-on board, it most likely has had a memory add-on board fitted OR had the memory chips swapped with a small circuit added.

The whole motherboard could also have been swapped with a later 128K/512K capable board.

It's also appears to have had the floppy drive upgraded to an 800K, which means the ROM is probably newer too.

Ultimately, the only way to know if it's the original board is to compare the date codes on the components on the motherboard with the date of the serial number of the case, but even then, it's likely no longer anything like it was when it left the factory.

The logo on the front is intriguing and seems familiar - just can't place it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.