Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trunksfujita

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 27, 2003
Miami
messes up my page in the browser, you only see the black background of the graphics with numbers, but i dont see the menu or any other stuff on that main page at apple.com

i tried using Safari, interent explorer, And opera and i have the same problem with the 3 of them. does anyone know why?

but when i use a windows pc I dont have a problem. i have 10.2.8, and the latest version of Java.

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
cool! they've got a Panther countdown!! :D

i haven't been to Apple.com for a while... i completely missed that.

it should display right, it's only a gif. they probably did that for simplicity so that most people with any browser would be able to see it. have you ever had problems viewing Apple's site before?

i'm not a web person (well, i do spend most of my day on the net, but i don't know about the technical side) so i couldn't really say what problems you're having.

Haouka

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2003
Belgium
Also difficult with PC/Win/IE

I also have problems when I start the page with IE (I have a PC notebook + win 2k). If I move my cursor over the countdown, the homepage is freezed and I need to relaunch IE.

It has been like that since the countdown appeared but it's going better lately.

I kind of check apple website all the time as I'm seriously thinking about switching. This freezing is the only problem I have found so far with Apple.

trunksfujita

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 27, 2003
Miami
i just noticed that it only happens when....

it only happens when on apple.com on the usa Site, which is the firstpage you see when you type apple.com, but if i go to a store from another country i see the graphic just fine. with no problem. Weird, i know now it is not my computer.

Chealion

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
I know the very first few hours the countdown was posted it didn't work correctly in a few browsers and that was fixed. Although it works for me (IE for Mac, Safari, Firebird and IE 6).

I just started getting a 500 Server Error when trying to connect to Apple.com :eek:

yamabushi

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2003
Well it uses Javascript so you can disable Javascript in your browser and you may be able to at least browse the site.

I use an older version of Opera and it works fine for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.