Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pcmike

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2007
Lake Worth, FL
In preparation for the arrival of my new iPad I’ve been researching a bunch of cases and I came across the following PITAKA bundle and kinda just assumed it would work with the 2022 iPad Pro 11” considering all the posts in here about how it’s literally just a bump from M1 to M2; however, I did post a question asking if this bundle would work with the 2022 model and I was told it WOULD NOT, because the speaker had changed locations? Does anyone think this is true? Sounds a little far fetched for the speaker to “change locations.” Curious to hear other people’s thoughts on this.

The bundle: https://www.amazon.com/PITAKA-Magnetic-Generation-Tri-Fold-Compatible/dp/B09MTLWG5K

Attachments

• FC1B24D7-50E1-4F26-BB3F-66D133E87E15.png
    FC1B24D7-50E1-4F26-BB3F-66D133E87E15.png
    385.8 KB · Views: 229

todd.kilby.7

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2017
I’m wondering the same thing. I just ordered a case off of Amazon and it said the case is compatible with the 20,21,22 iPad Pro.
But I have heard the speakers could be slightly different. Can’t find anything on line about it changing though.

jrs22

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2012
I know you’re asking about the 11” pro but I just Got my M2 12.9” iPad Pro yesterday so I can speak about that. Zugu has been advertising that their 5th generation cases would work on both sizes of the new 6th generation iPads. I had a Zugu case waiting for the iPad and I can say that it fits perfectly. The speaker openings are in the right places as are all the buttons.

Reactions: pcmike

pcmike

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2007
Lake Worth, FL
I know you’re asking about the 11” pro but I just Got my M2 12.9” iPad Pro yesterday so I can speak about that. Zugu has been advertising that their 5th generation cases would work on both sizes of the new 6th generation iPads. I had a Zugu case waiting for the iPad and I can say that it fits perfectly. The speaker openings are in the right places as are all the buttons.
I got one of those too for testing. I’ll find out if it works for the 11” tomorrow when it hopefully arrives. Thank you for your post.

jrs22

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2012
I got one of those too for testing. I’ll find out if it works for the 11” tomorrow when it hopefully arrives. Thank you for your post.
Good luck with it. I need ’military’ grade protection and the Zugu is the best case I’ve found.

todd.kilby.7

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2017
I bought the ZUGU case which advertised that it would fit the 2022 iPad 11” pro.
The speaker cut out covers one of the speaker holes. So apple must have moved the speaker.
Can’t really tell if it effects the sound quality by covering one of the holes.
I might return the case.

pcmike

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2007
Lake Worth, FL
I returned all the cases I bought except for this one…

I didn’t notice the speaker issue with the ZUGU, but I did notice that the side of the bumper that holds the pencil was so dang loose… it was throwing off my OCD. Also, I very quickly realized that I value having the ability to take the iPad completely out of the folio “cover,” while still having it inside something the protects that back when I just want to use the iPad in my hands. The case above allows for all of that and doesn’t seem to offend my OCD too much. It’s not perfect, for example I hate the clear polycarbonate back, but I haven’t found anything better on Amazon.

Lakersfan74

Suspended
Oct 17, 2019
Last edited:

pcmike

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2007
Lake Worth, FL
I have this one its for the 2022/2021/2020/2018. The case does go near the speaker holes but not block them

The pictures show 13 speaker holes per speaker my new 11 has 8 holes per speaker. Maybe they did change?
This one is “ok,” but it doesn’t allow you to use the iPad “folioless” … you can only fold the cover around the back which is a little annoying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.