Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

redryder

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 7, 2010
Hi guys, I’ve finally taken the plunge and ordered the ipad online. Now I need to look for a case.

There are so many to choose from, its very confusing. I’d like a case to be as slim as possible, but yet retain some protection from drops. I’m not too concerned about all-round scratch protection, I just want a case to provide some friction and make it comfortable to hold while reading. The apple case is actually perfect in that regard, but it doesn’t seem to provide much cushioning against drops.

Any suggestions?

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Thankfully, I've never dropped my iPad. If you are not looking for full edge protection and like an open bezel my two favorites are the Yoobao slim and the Cyber Acoustics. Tried many case recommendations from this forum and these two in my opinion are the best made in this price point. I use my iPad mostly in the typing and landscape modes and both of these cases work well.

nlkccom

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2008
I highly recommend the Sena case sold in the apple store. It cost a little more than the other cases, but I think it provides decent protection and it's not too thick.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.