Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 4, 2012
I run several apps on my iPhone who have apps that seem strange or at least present strange things such as saying for several days in a row that it is the last day for free dose of product? Last day several days in a row. not that these are for me but I wonder does Apple verify products sold in the apps?

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
I run several apps on my iPhone who have apps that seem strange or at least present strange things such as saying for several days in a row that it is the last day for free dose of product? Last day several days in a row. not that these are for me but I wonder does Apple verify products sold in the apps?

I very much doubt that. Ads probably are injected into apps / pages from a third party

Reactions: Tagbert

cateye

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2011
Of course Apple doesn't. There is no practical way for them to vet every ad served through any one of dozens of ad networks. I doubt they are even particularly interested in reviewing the ads that their own network serves.

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 4, 2012
Less concerned with stupid or lying ads but what if an ad that you click on steals or corrupts ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.