Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mike WA4D

Suspended
Feb 12, 2022
Um my comments all point to how I am not invested in Apple, and telling others not to be invested, since it is only a business relationship. But it seems you are reading everything I write and making the opposite interpretation out of them. And you have responded to none of my points, yet saying I sound "oppressed," and when I answer you call me invested. WTF?
Anyone with thousands of Posts on Macrumors is invested in the platform, the ecosystem, the company and it’s culture. And there’s nothing wrong with that. I know many people whose lives are imbalanced by obsessive “investment”.. We all do. Recently the press has chronicled the imbalanced lives of some very twisted people. Aaron Carter,“Ye”, Matthew Perry, Herschel Walker, Elon Musk. — And were he still alive, Steve Jobs would make the list.

Cheers!

Last edited:

avz

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2018
Stalingrad, Russia
It probably has something to do with the imminent disappearance of the middle class.

Forget 5-star hotels. Remember those movies from the 80s when young people have been traveling only with a tent and sleeping bags? This is where everything is going.

One can only hope that "qualified consumer" approach to managing a society is not going to be replaced with the "social ratings and surveillance" approach.

Mike WA4D

Suspended
Feb 12, 2022
It probably has something to do with the imminent disappearance of the middle class.

Forget 5-star hotels. Remember those movies from the 80s when young people have been traveling only with a tent and sleeping bags? This is where everything is going.

One can only hope that "qualified consumer" approach to managing a society is not going to be replaced with the "social ratings and surveillance" approach.

Apple can easily segue-way into “Social Ratings and a surveillance approach”. Once Tim Cook moves on after his brilliant run, Apple management will see the value of eliminating the barriers to privacy Cook misguidedly put in place (But his overall tenure has been magnificent). There are many many more billions of dollars to make opening the platform up to transparent, continuous surveillance, anonymous data gathering of Devices (IoT) And Users!!. And with that data— Social platforms will better serve their patrons. By winnowing out the vast masses who bring little or nothing to the Metaverse. We can finally have social groupings based on income/class/education/ and intellect! As well was style, humor and iconoclasm. And offer a more specified menu to those who prefer ‘kinky” ‘twisted” and the thrillingly “vile” amongst us! Yes there will be accelerated totalitarian momentum as well. But that dystopia is inevitable. Smart writers of the analog era warned us. As a misanthrope, a cynic and a pessimist, it is a Fantastic time to be alive! And to think that Apple will be among the important vehicles to usher us into a new open-world filled with danger and opportunity where you will carve your destiny!! Darwin is surely aroused!! Bring it!!!!

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Apple can easily segue-way into “Social Ratings and a surveillance approach”. Once Tim Cook moves on after his brilliant run, Apple management will see the value of eliminating the barriers to privacy Cook misguidedly put in place (But his overall tenure has been magnificent). There are many many more billions of dollars to make opening the platform up to transparent, continuous surveillance, anonymous data gathering of Devices (IoT) And Users!!. And with that data— Social platforms will better serve their patrons. By winnowing out the vast masses who bring little or nothing to the Metaverse. We can finally have social groupings based on income/class/education/ and intellect! As well was style, humor and iconoclasm. And offer a more specified menu to those who prefer ‘kinky” ‘twisted” and the thrillingly “vile” amongst us! Yes there will be accelerated totalitarian momentum as well. But that dystopia is inevitable. Smart writers of the analog era warned us. As a misanthrope, a cynic and a pessimist, it is a Fantastic time to be alive! And to think that Apple will be among the important vehicles to usher us into a new open-world filled with danger and opportunity where you will carve your destiny!! Darwin is surely aroused!! Bring it!!!!
Sure as Apple morphs into Facebook.

Reactions: coolrock1
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.