Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Puonti

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 14, 2011
I'd love to finally be able to view PDFs in two-page spread view in Books (on an iPad Pro 12,9"). Is this possible in iPadOS?

Puonti

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 14, 2011
Just to confirm we're talking about the same thing - I'm not talking about the iOS feature called "Split View" where you can have two apps side-by-side, or in iPadOS two windows from the same app.

What I'm interested in is if I open just the Books app and then open a PDF within it, can I choose to view the PDF either one page at a time, or two pages (a spread) at a time?

Thanks for taking the time to answer!

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Just to confirm we're talking about the same thing - I'm not talking about the iOS feature called "Split View" where you can have two apps side-by-side, or in iPadOS two windows from the same app.

What I'm interested in is if I open just the Books app and then open a PDF within it, can I choose to view the PDF either one page at a time, or two pages (a spread) at a time?

Thanks for taking the time to answer!
Ahh, sorry for misunderstanding the term.
I just checked the “new” books app, and I can confirm it is still impossible to read PDF in two pages in landscape mode.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.