Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mtngoatjoe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 10, 2008
Costco sells Fiet smart things, but it doesn't look like they work with Homekit. Can anyone tell me what the experience is like in the Apple ecosystem? I don't really care if I have to set them up with the Fiet app, but I want to control them via Apple's Home app.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm eying a pair of outdoor smart plugs to control holiday lighting. Thanks!

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
you may be able to do something with homebridge, it's a program that acts as a translator to add non-homekit things to homekit. You add devices to it with plugins, It looks like the Tuya plugin will at least work for some Feit things. It can be a bit of a steep learning curve, and reliability can vary depending on which plugins you're using. You also need a computer running 24/7 to handle it. A raspberry Pi is more than powerful enough.

You'll probably have an easier time with a native homekit device. Not sure about linking products on this forum, but I just found a homekit plug on amazon, outdoor rated, connects via Wi-Fi, It has 3 outlets, which are individually controllable, It's from Meross, and around $30 on amazon. There are a few options some with 2 plugs, They're all in the $20-$35 range. Just pay attention, there's a mix of products that do and don't support homekit.

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Reactions: b17777
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.