Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tcatsninfan

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 23, 2022
Hey guys, I live in a country that doesn’t sell the HomePod Mini in Apple Stores so I can’t try one out for myself. I’m thinking of having a friend bring one back from the US.

I want to get a better understanding of how it works. Note: I have a subscription to Apple Music.

I’d like to be able to just come home and say, “Hey Siri, play some Hall & Oates” and then the HomePod would start playing the music, no other devices involved. Is that possible with the HomePod Mini? Thanks in advance for any info.

PhoenixDown

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2012
Yep, as @haralds said I'd be more worried about it working the way you want in your country. That said, a mini isn't that expensive and I assume your friend could return it to apple if it doesn't work the way you'd like. What country are you in? Maybe there's a user here or in a reddit community that has one and can you tell for sure.

tcatsninfan

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 23, 2022
Yep, as @haralds said I'd be more worried about it working the way you want in your country. That said, a mini isn't that expensive and I assume your friend could return it to apple if it doesn't work the way you'd like. What country are you in? Maybe there's a user here or in a reddit community that has one and can you tell for sure.
I'm in Thailand. Apple has told me that it should work fine as long as I have it set to English, which I do. Also, I've read a couple random internet posts from foreigners living in Thailand who use HomePods. I just wanted to make sure that it works the way I thought it did. Thanks guys ^^

Reactions: PhoenixDown
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.