Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Speedracer04

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
Michigan
Hey, I was just wondering if anyone knew if iFuntastic works with iTunes 7.4? For some reason I cant get my SSH and cyberduck to connect so I use iFuntastic as my file manager....(I wish I could....I have followed every instruction to the letter over and over again, but still no dice....blah. Does it matter if you install Open SSH before or after BSD Subsystem?)

Does it matter if the laptop Im using is connected wirelessly to my home router when trying to connect through SSH?

open cyberduck, click open connection, select SFTP, type in my IP address from the blue ">" in wifi settings for the network im connecting to, putting in root as the user, dottie as the password

where is the step where it "generates host keys"? Please someone who knows about this stuff help me!

has anyone tried this with the new itunes?

edit: wow sorry i just saw that the other thread included iFuntastic in the thread title....but i didnt see that anyone answered it about ifuntastic...only installer.app

Speedracer04

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
Michigan
bump....come on, someone has to know if iFuntastic works with 7.4....I really dont feel like bricking my phone, I guess there have been reports that phones have actually been bricked using the old version of apptapp, no work about iFuntastic tho.

Bernie-Mac

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2007
Sin City, NV
Yeah, can anyone help out? Im not doing any serious modding just changing the carrier logo and stuff but does anyone know a modding thing to use after itunes 7.4 or if iFuntastic works? i really want to try this free ringtone thing through th e new itunes but not if i have to restore my iphone and not be able to use iFuntastic again

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
Sorry, I don't do iFuntastic.

I used the AppTapp installer 3.0 with an iTunes 7.4 restored iPhone, installed BSD Subsystem, SFTP is working for me. :confused:

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
Did you get SFTP working?

If so, the carrier logos are in /System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app/TSO_CARRIER_ATT.png and Default_CARRIER_ATT.png

Make new ones, copy them to your phone.

Bernie-Mac

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2007
Sin City, NV
Oh so i would have to install installer and all that stuff to do that? Or can i still do it the old fashoned way with the terminal on my mac and stuff

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
Oh so i would have to install installer and all that stuff to do that? Or can i still do it the old fashoned way with the terminal on my mac and stuff

It's possible to use the Terminal on your Mac, but it's a hundred more steps, and ten times more complicated. Just use the AppTapp installer, install BSD Subsystem and OpenSSH, and then login with Cyberduck or your SFTP client of preference.

Bernie-Mac

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2007
Sin City, NV
o0o yeah my bad i havent done that in a while i forgot wat u were talking about...so if i just want to change the carrier logo and dont want any extra icons and stuff i download AppTapp, BSD, and do the cyberduck thing and i change my carrier logo and then just uninstall apptapp?

geordisjd

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2005
Denver, Co
iFuntastic, ringtones and iTunes 7.4.1

It might be old news to some, but I was able to sync with iTunes 7.4 without losing my iFuntastic ringtones.
Before connecting, I checked "disable automatic syncing for all phones" in iTunes 7.4's preferences.
Then I connected iPhone and unchecked "sync ringtones" in the ringtones' tab, then sync'd, and all my ringtones were still there.
I'm not sure what happens to the other modifications allowed by iFuntastic, because I haven't tried them.

Flex24

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2007
Help with APPTAPP

I'm a newbe and need a little help with Apptapp. I've installed it, but when I run it there are no install apps there, the intall window is blank. Can't get apps into Apptapp. Please assist.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.