Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The_dewbiez

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2015
Hi, I was wondering if anybody knew if when buying a mac book from mac of all trades.com if it would come with the original box, documents, screen cloth, and Cd's. One person in the review said it came with all original stuff, but in the description it said does not come with osx disc and software disc.

Please Help!!!

charlyham

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2012
According to the FAQs at their website (http://www.macofalltrades.com/Help.asp) there is no mention of the kind of boxes they use but the question about OS disks is copied below.
I doubt if any of the original additional items such as cleaning cloths come with these.

Are OS disks/installers included?

No OS disks or flash installers are included with any machines we ship. Computers ship with an operating system (OS) pre-loaded on the hard drive. The version of OS is denoted in each item's listing. We encourage all customers to upgrade to Mavericks (10.9) through Apple's website (FREE upgrade).

CooperBox

macrumors 68000
Hi, I was wondering if anybody knew if when buying a mac book from mac of all trades.com if it would come with the original box, documents, screen cloth, and Cd's. One person in the review said it came with all original stuff, but in the description it said does not come with osx disc and software disc.

Please Help!!!

I cannot believe that any serious dealer (especially one who has been in trading for over 20 years) would ship new Apple products without the original boxes. Personally, any trader that tried this on I'd have nothing to do with them!
Charlyham rightly says that today you would receive no OS disk for the reason stated.

charlyham

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2012
I cannot believe that any serious dealer (especially one who has been in trading for over 20 years) would ship new Apple products without the original boxes. Personally, any trader that tried this on I'd have nothing to do with them!
Charlyham rightly says that today you would receive no OS disk for the reason stated.
The vendor that the OP references sells refurbished/used macs, not new, so it is doubtful they have the original boxes. Even Apple Refurbished store doesn't ship in original boxes.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Mac of all trades sells used equipment, not new.

OP, I think overall, it depends on who sells them the computer. Some people keep the original boxes, many do not. If I were a betting man, I'd say its more likely then not that you will NOT get an original box

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.