Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AnnaKay

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2023
Just had my iPhone 13 Pro replaced via Apple. I've already Do I need to backup the old phone before erasing it? I'd love to save storage soace but don't want to leave any data behind.

Also, how can I access my full backup history and see each backup that exists? The solution I found, Settings>iCloud>Manage Account Storage>Backups snows only the latest backups for each device.

Thanks in advance!

Bigwaff

Contributor
Sep 20, 2013
Just had my iPhone 13 Pro replaced via Apple. I've already Do I need to backup the old phone before erasing it?
Only if you want to use the backup to transfer data to a new phone.
how can I access my full backup history and see each backup that exists?
I don’t believe iCloud backups store a history of backups for each device. If you want to delete a backup for a device you no longer have, you can follow the instructions on this page.

AnnaKay

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2023
Only if you want to use the backup to transfer data to a new phone.

I don’t believe iCloud backups store a history of backups for each device. If you want to delete a backup for a device you no longer have, you can follow the instructions on this page.
Thank you @Bigwaff . For some reason, I had thought that multiple backups were stored for each device, similar to the third party backup services.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.