Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

caesurafalls

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 20, 2012
My late 2013 15” MBP’s graphics card just died. I’m currently living in Seoul and I’ve been quoted ~₩670,000 (£440) to have it replaced (including service fee).

I know that in the UK original prices are far higher for buying the machine itself, but is the same true for repairs?

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
Pretty sure Korea is one of the most expensive in the world terms of Apple service pricing. Not sure UK is much cheaper. You can compare iPhone screen replacement costs on the respective Apple sites to get an idea. The prices are all listed.

Hong Kong and U.S. are the cheapest.

Example: iPhone X screen repair in USD.

HK: $276
US: $279
SK: $342
UK: $405

Last edited:
Reactions: caesurafalls

caesurafalls

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 20, 2012
Pretty sure Korea is one of the most expensive in the world terms of Apple service pricing. Not sure UK is much cheaper. You can compare iPhone screen replacement costs on the respective Apple sites to get an idea. The prices are all listed.

Hong Kong and U.S. are the cheapest.

Example: iPhone X screen repair in USD.

HK: $276
US: $279
SK: $342
UK: $405
Bloody hell. I’m going to japan next week so maybe it’ll be a little bit cheaper there. The iPhone repair prices look a bit halfway between SK and US.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.