Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HarryWarden

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 27, 2012
When on a cellular data network such a feature should be included and I hope Apple finally has decided to include it with iOS 8.

afsnyder

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
When on a cellular data network such a feature should be included and I hope Apple finally has decided to include it with iOS 8.

I didn't even consider that as a problem to load pictures, interesting. I suppose that would save data.

HarryWarden

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 27, 2012
I didn't even consider that as a problem to load pictures, interesting. I suppose that would save data.

A lot of images are completely pointless as well. As an example, when reading a movie review, I don't need a random still image or four from the movie to accompany it. If I really want that, IMDB is a few clicks away with the images and the trailer.

Parthsdx

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2014
Use onavo extend. Its an app that compresses every data sent to your phone so you can browse more from your data plan. Or use other browsers like opera mini.

Fzang

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2013
2001 called and wants their data plan back.

I have to agree with this.

I doubt this feature would cater to enough smartphone users that it would actually be officially implemented.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
2001 called and wants their data plan back.

I have to agree with this.

I doubt this feature would cater to enough smartphone users that it would actually be officially implemented.

Actually my old (and still) unlimited plan is much better than the crappy data plans of today. (and yes I know it wasn't in 2001 :p)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.